Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. #TysonLovesMom #Sweepstakes #ad
4 Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes
Mother’s Day is upon us and it always reminds me that my mom is miles away. I will, hopefully see her for Mother’s Day this year but it really depends on schedules as we get closer. It’s been decades, probably, since I took her breakfast in bed as a little girl. I adore my mom. As an adopted child that she took in at the age of 8, serious problems and challenges included, I now appreciate her strength and unwavering love for her children that flows through me still today. As we get closer and talk about getting together, I want to start planning to do something really wonderful for her and my sister, an amazing mother herself. So, with my daughter’s help, we put together 4 Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes that we know everyone will love! So much so that they may become tradition.
As I walked through Walmart grabbing the Tyson Foods I need for my recipes, I thought back to memories of me and mom. We have so many, from days at amusement parks on vacation to her sitting in the stands and watching me cheer in junior high. It took me growing up to understand the true love between a mother and her daughter. As I raise my daughters, I hope that one day they will look back and be so thankful of all of the memories we created together. Tyson Foods loves mom too and wants to celebrate that bond as well. Read below on how you can share your love and brunch for a chance to win!
Now that you are planning your Mother’s Day Brunch with your mom, let’s get to some recipes! All of these were so easy and fun to make!
Sausage and Kale Bagels
This recipe came from a desire to add some color and some veggies to my brunch. It starts with Hillshire Farms® Smoked Sausage and ends with delicious!
- 1 link Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage, diced small
- 4 Thomas’ Pre-sliced Plain Bagels
- 1 bunch of fresh kale
- 1 tomato
- poached eggs, one per bagel half
- olive oil
- 1 tspn vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Start by toasting your Thomas’ Pre-sliced Plain Bagels. While in the toaster, add the Hillshire Farms sausage to an ungreased skillet. Let cook. When warm, add handfuls of the kale. It will wilt down as it warms. Add a splash of olive oil and pepper. Toss. Add the mixture onto the bagel half and top with a freshly sliced tomato.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, bring 3 cups of water to a slow boil. Add vinegar and stir until the water forms a swirl. Slowly drop in eggs, 2 at a time, into the water. Let cook 3-5 minutes or unto the white is covering the yolk. Gently remove with a slotted spoon and place the egg on the bagel stack. Add more pepper and some kale remnants to garnish.
I have to say, this is a meal in itself. The savory of the sausage with the earthiness of the kale combined with the creamy yolk and the freshness of the tomato makes this an instant gourmet addition to any table!
Sausage and Egg English Muffins
These are super easy and provide a real ‘breakfast’ feel to anyone who enjoys them. You can get really creative with these and make them your own too! The Thomas’® Original Nooks & Crannies English Muffins are the perfect base because they soak of the flavor of the Jimmy Dean® Regular Premium Pork Sausage really well!
- 1 package Thomas’ The Original Nooks & Crannies English Muffins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Regular Premium Pork Sausage
- 6 eggs, or as many as you want
- ½ cup shredded cheese, any variety
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet. Place the Thomas’ The Original Nooks & Crannies English Muffins face down and let sit 2- 3 minutes until slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add the Jimmy Dean Regular Premium Pork Sausage to the skillet and brown. Add eggs and cheese and fold until the mixture reaches your desired consistency. Top the English Muffins with the mixture.
White Chocolate Raspberry Bites
No brunch is complete without dessert! These beautiful bites include my favorite flavor combination ever. White Chocolate and Raspberry sit on top of the only pound cake I ever use. Sara Lee® Pound Cake All Butter is delicious and perfect every time so there really is no need for any other!
- 1 Sara Lee Pound Cake All Butter, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 pint raspberries, rinsed
- For the white chocolate icing:
- 1 c Half and Half or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ tspn salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped finely
- In small saucepan, blend sugar, flour, salt, half & half and egg yolks with wire whip. Stirring constantly, heat over medium heat until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and white chocolate. Continue stirring until chocolate is melted. Cool quickly in a freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Place your Sara Lee Pound Cake All Butter on a plate. In a baggie, add the icing and cut off the tip. Gently pipe a good amount on top of the pound cake. Add a raspberry and serve!
No brunch is complete without a refreshing drink to wash it all down. This Cantaloupe Spritzer can me made ‘adult’ with champagne or Prosecco but I prefer it G-rated. You can also make this with Honeydew Melon for another refreshing twist!
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled and diced
- 2 limes, one set aside for garnish
- 1 bottle sparkling white grape juice
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved. This will make about a cup of simple sugar. In a blender add the cantaloupe cubed and the juice from one lime. Blend well. Add a cup of simple sugar and blend until smooth. Put in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes. Pull out and fill about a ⅓ of the glass with the mixture. Top of with sparkling grape juice, garnish and serve!
No matter what recipes you put on the table this Mother’s Day, make sure they are all served with love!
As I mentioned earlier, Tyson loves Moms too and to honor them, they are having a Mother’s Day contest where you can win! To enter, post a picture of any of the following on Instagram or Twitter and hashtag it #Sweepstakes #TysonlovesMom and tag @TysonFoods.
- Your mom
- Your brunch with mom
- Breakfast in bed for mom
That’s it! You will be notified if your awesome photo wins! But more importantly, you will be showing off your mom like she deserves!
What other recipes would you add to this list?