**This post is brought to you in partnership with Perdue Farms. All opinions are my own.** #PerdueFarmsFarmtoHome #FamilyFarmers #PerdueFarms_Partner ad
I fully admit that I am a lazy shopper and even lazier recipe creator. During the school week it is virtually impossible anyway and on weekends I want to just relax. I do not want to spend my time meal planning or in a store. I have gotten to where I buy the exact same things every time I shop. I have it down to a 40 minute in and out experience. However, when I want to make something new, I never have the ingredients on hand. The biggest culprit: meats. I buy hamburger and chicken breasts and forget that I am a really great cook when I have things on hand to cook with! I make a mean Bacon and Sausage Frittatta, after all! A HUGE fan of grocery pickup, when I remember to actually do it, I am super excited about Perdue Farms and their direct-to-consumer website! Yep, I can go to PerdueFarms.com and order a bundle of meats, have it delivered to my home and know it is in my freezer for something different for my busy, exhausted, looking for the easy way out, mom menu!
Seriously, y’all, this is a super simple, easy to get, super affordable, mom helper that we ALL need!
Now, we all know Perdue Farms. Chicken is the product that comes to mind when I think of the name. But, they have a myriad of brands that are high quality and delicious. The company boasts a full line of premium proteins and brands, including Niman Ranch, Coleman Naturals, Perdue Harvestland, Sonoma Red, Spot Farms, Full Moon, and more! For 100 years, the company has worked with small family farmers to raise animals with care. Perdue Farms is passionate about farming, land preservation, and healthy and nutritious foods. And I really appreciate that.
I received a family bundle which has enough of a variety of meats that I can make breakfast and dinner for weeks without having to repeat the same protein! This is PERFECT for my busy lifestyle!
As I unboxed my Family Bundle of Perdue Farms Proteins which includes Coleman Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon, Perdue Dino Nuggets, Niman Pork Chop Bacon Wrap, Perdue Harvestland Individually Wrapped and Frozen Tenders and Niman Breakfast Sausage, a recipe popped into my head! I have not made my Bacon and Sausage Frittata in years! Today was finally the day! Come on, cook with me!
- 1 package reduced-fat ground pork sausage
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- splash of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 and grab a non-stick 10" skillet. Cook the bacon, remove and chop. Cook the sausage in the same skillet. Wipe the pan totally clean. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, splash of heavy cream, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In the skillet, melt a pat or two of butter or use non-stick spray. Pour half of the egg mixture in the skillet. Add the meat mixture... it will settle. Then add the rest of the eggs. Bake about 35 minutes until set. Pull out and sprinkle with cheese.
Y’all, this is so good that you will want it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! With the Coleman Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon and the Niman Breakfast Sausage, high quality proteins that make these flavors pop, you can’t mess it up!
I am so, so, so glad that I accepted this partnership with the NEW Perdue Farms direct-to-consumer website! I have now found the easiest way possible to have the proteins in my freezer that I need without having to put too much thought into making sure I get the right ones in my mad dash to the store.
One thing I want to make sure I point out about Perduce Farms is their commitment to sustainablity.
- For every bundle shipped, we will donate to the Arbor Day Foundation, which is working to replant damaged areas of our nation’s forests. This donation will help reduce the carbon footprint required to ship our products to you.
- We designed our shipping boxes with sustainability in mind. Every box is made out of 100 percent recyclable cardboard and insulated with Green Cell Foam®. Green Cell Foam® is eco-friendly packaging and is biodegradable, compostable, and made from high-grade non-GMO cornstarch that is dissolvable in water.
- You’ll receive a reusable and recyclable grocery bag with every purchase. Reach for our bag next time you go to the store to avoid using paper or plastic.
- A pollinator seed packet is also included in every box. We wouldn’t be able to produce the food we do without bees and butterflies, which help to make one out of every three bites of food we eat. Plant the seeds to create a robust pollinator habitat near your home!
- Learn more about the progress we’ve made in the areas of food, environment, animal care, people, community and our partners at perduefarms.com/responsibility
As a mom raising kids who I want this planet to be around for, I love this!
Take a moment to look at the site and to see how easy it is. Save 25% by ordering the bundles and start cooking again now that you have the proteins that promote creativity in your home with very little work on your part!
What do you love about this?