**Recipe by Beth**
Mingled flavors of vanilla and root beer can take us back to warm happy memories. These Homemade Root Beer Float Cupcakes with Homemade Root Beer Sauce make the perfect afternoon treat for warm, sunny days! Go ahead and treat yourself to bit of sweet nostalgic confections and drift away into the past!
- Make your favorite vanilla cupcakes to start and let them cool completely.
- Root Beer Sauce:
- 1 Cup Root Beer (I used A&W non-diet).
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 T. Cornstarch
- 1 T. Root Beer Concentrate (optional, add extra root beer flavor)
- Add all of your ingredients to a small sauce pan and over medium heat, stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Continue to stir and boil until the sauce becomes clear and thick, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove sauce and let cool. It will continue to thicken just a bit upon cooling.
This sauce is so rich and versatile, you can use it on anything that may benefit from a drizzle of root beer flavor! Now on the delicious frosting! Where to find the root beer concentrate.
- 1 Stick of salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ tsp. root beer concentrate
- 1-2 T Milk (depending on desired consistency)
- Cream the butter and sugar together until well blended.
- Add the vanilla, and root beer concentrate and mix well.
- Add 1-2 T of Milk to desired frosting consistency. More milk will give you a softer consistency of frosting. If you have added too much milk, just add more confectioners sugar to stiffen the icing.
Frost your cupcakes with the delicious root beer frosting and drizzle the homemade root beer sauce over the top! You are completely set to take a step back in time with this amazing gem!
Do you love creating sweets? Check out my Brownie Bite Kabobs!