**This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. All opinions, text and experiences are my own. VSL#3 is a high-potency probiotic medical food for the dietary management of IBS, UC and ileal pouch and must be used under medical supervision. Please speak with your healthcare provider for any specific questions. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.** #VSL3TheJourneyBack #ad
*VSL#3 is a high-potency probiotic medical food and must be used under medical supervision.
Three weeks ago I talked to you guys about what it is like to live with IBS. I shared that even though I have a very mild case of it, I still feel like I have limitations because of IBS. Mostly because the cramping and the unexpected bouts of discomfort that were unpredictable. So three weeks ago, I began taking the high-potency probiotic medical food for the dietary management of IBS, UC and ileal pouch, VSL #3. Three weeks later, I have some real life results that I wanted to share with you!
First let me tell you that I used some tools to help me keep track of the results. I have a wall sticker calendar that I marked with a slash if I remembered to take my VSL -#3 and a circle if I forgot. In the end, I am shocked I remembered it as much as I did. I am not a ‘pill’ person and VSL -#3 has to be kept in the fridge. So I can’t be reminded by looking at it on my desk all day. But, I did pretty well, I think.
VSL#3, unlike other probiotics on the market, is a high-potency probiotic medical food that has been the subject of 170 studies and is clinically proven to be beneficial in the dietary management of IBS and UC.
In addition to making my journey on a calendar each day to remind myself to take VSL#3, I also kept a journal that was very basic to stay on track and take note of how I was feeling daily. I also used it to sort of remind me of the basics: Breakfast – believe it or not (I need help remembering that sometimes)! – When to take my VSL#3, which I broke up (after breakfast and after lunch) – And even the goal of going to bed at a decent hour, which I generally failed on. I also noted when I seemed to have any issues, which were much less than I had before, to be honest. But I noticed that if I ate fried foods or foods high in sodium, I still triggered my IBS symptoms so it’s important to remember that your dietary management of IBS should still include IBS-friendly or low-FODMAP foods in addition to taking a high-potency probiotic medical food like VSL#3. VSL#3 also has a ton of IBS-friendly recipes on their website for you to try here (you can Pin them for later).
Follow VSL #3 on Facebook
I plan on continuing VSL#3 for a while and here is why:
- The symptoms after about a week, when I did have a bout, seemed less severe and seemed to last for less time.
- I did not have the “bend over, I can’t breathe” feeling at all, which usually hit me a few times a week.
- I was more scheduled and regular than I have been in years.
- As a non-pill taker, I was surprised that taking so many was not an issue. There is no flavor that generally keeps me from being able to swallow them. VSL#3 also comes in a powder that you can easily mix into any cold food or cold non-carbonated beverage if you prefer.
- Taking VSL#3 when I traveled was easier than I thought. I just packed them in a baggie with an ice pack and they were fine since they have to be kept refrigerated to maintain potency.
- I did not notice any side effects that made these unpleasant to take at all.
Check out How to Save on VSL #3
Now you can take part in VSL#3’s new Patient Savings Program. Simply print out this VSL#3 Patient Savings Card(https://www.vsl3ds.com/?fb) and bring it to your physician to receive a prescription for VSL#3. Then take both the script and the Patient Savings Card to your pharmacy and save up to $80 each month on your purchase of VSL#3 unflavored packets or VSL#3 DS. This is the largest savings ever offered for both VSL#3 and VSL#3 DS. Visit here (https://www.vsl3ds.com/?fb) for more information and talk with your healthcare provider today to take part in the savings program!
What makes VSL#3 different from other probiotics?
- VSL#3 is the only high-potency probiotic medical food that has been recommended by the Triennial Yale/Harvard Workshop for the past 10 years showing benefit for patients who suffer from ulcerative colitis.
- VSL#3 has been clinically demonstrated to reduce bloating/gassiness and discomfort in patients with IBS.
- VSL#3 is specially formulated with eight strains of live lactic acid bacteria and is 10 times more potent more than the average probiotic, making it the first choice for many doctors because it is one of the strongest available with a proven track record in helping patients with serious digestive conditions.
- VSL#3 is available at your local pharmacy. Please ask your pharmacist for VSL#3 as it is kept refrigerated behind the pharmacy counter.
In the end, I do think that VSL #3 is helping me with my IBS. If you have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) or UC (Ulcerated Colitis), talk to your doctor about VSL#3 and what this high-potency probiotic medical food might be able to do for you!
Get more information on VSL #3
Some more notes:
According to a Harris Poll* conducted on behalf of VSL#3, the following was found amongst 607 U.S. adults ages 18+ who have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ulcerative colitis (UC) or ileal pouch:
- Nearly half of IBS, UC, ileal pouch sufferers (46%) believe all probiotics are pretty much the same.
- Roughly 2 in 5 IBS, UC, ileal pouch sufferers (41%) don’t understand which strain of probiotics is best to help treat their symptoms.
- Nearly half of IBS, UC, ileal pouch sufferers (49%) are not at all knowledgeable about the differences between a “medical food” and a “dietary supplement.”
*Harris Poll conducted the GI Issues Survey on behalf of VSL#3. The survey was administered online within the United States between April 1 – 7, 2015 among 607 adult’s ages 18+ who have been diagnosed with a digestive or gastrointestinal condition, irritable bowel syndrome, or ulcerative colitis,ileal pouch (“sufferers”).
Tell me about your issues with IBS or UC! I will be happy to answer any questions I can based on my personal experienceand to help guide you to your doctor for more information! VSL#3® is a high-potency probiotic medical food that’s clinically proven in the dietary management of IBS, ulcerative colitis, and ileal pouch. To learn more visit www.vsl3.com and LIKE the brand on Facebook.
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. All opinions, text and experiences are my own. VSL#3 is a high-potency probiotic medical food for the dietary management of IBS, UC and ileal pouch and must be used under medical supervision. Please speak with your healthcare provider for any specific questions. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Leave A Comment