I am on a quest this year to get processed foods out of my diet. It is hard because I have always been a ‘convenience’ shopper. Especially for the fast things… like taco seasoning and whipped cream. I mean, how much can it hurt to just buy those things? Truth is, the less processed on everything you use, the better. So this super easy and fast recipe is perfect for those of us wanted to make it from scratch but still want fast. Check out How to Make Whipped Cream and save yourself the cans and tubs!
The recipe is a two ingredient, one wisk recipe! You need sugar and heavy whipping cream and that is it!
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Make sure mixing bowl and cream are very cold (put in freezer for 15 minutes).
- Put sugar into the mixing bowl and add whipping cream.
- Whisk until the cream gets stiff peaks.
- Use within 8 hours. Re-wisk if it starts to flatten out.
I have whipped my own cream before and added to it for more flavor. Any extract, like Vanilla extract (try our How to Make Homemade Vanilla Recipe!) Just a teaspoon will add a richness to it. Add other flavors like Almond and Peppermint extract for different flavors!
There are so many ways to make this recipe unique to you and what you need it for. But all by itself, it is amazing too!