**This conversation is in partnership with World Vision. All opinions are my own.** #ad
I am stuck. Stuck on what to buy about 75% of my Christmas list this year. I am tired of giving things that don’t get used, are not appreciated for long or that get lost in the confusion of every day life. I have purposely not been shopping because I am not sure what to give. I want my gifts to my parents and to my friends to really MATTER. Thankfully, just as I hit the end of my rope, I was told about an amazing organization that allows me to purchase a gift for children and families that really need them all over the world. World Vision’s Gift Catalog offers gifts that have a multiplier effect—positively impacting the giver, receiver and those in need. You can eliminate shopping guilt and join World Vision‘s efforts to tackle poverty and injustice around the world, helping children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential.
How does it work?
Buy a gift from the catalog – like one of these amazing gifts that you can win below.
Donate the gift on the site.
Your recipient, or name of the person you donated the gift in the name of, will get a card telling them that you donated to someone in need in their honor.
I don’t know about you but this is a gift I would be completely honored to get. It would be a gift I would appreciate for years to come. It would be a gift I would feel amazing about giving.
You can still purchase gifts for yourself and the ones you love too. It is really up to you.
I can tell you, after receiving a selection of the gifts, that they are high quality and beautiful! You can enter to WIN a prize pack valued at over $500 below too!
When a donation is made to World Vision‘s “Where Most Needed” fund, donors can choose from different items (like the ones in this post) to receive as a meaningful memento of their gift.
About the World Vision Gift Catalog
Since 1996, the World Vision Gift Catalog has given people the opportunity to better the lives of children, adults and communities in the U.S. and around the world through hundreds of gifts in all different areas of need: clean water, food, education, sexual exploitation, job training and others. In fiscal year 2016, more than 112,000 people donated more than 274,000 items from the Gift Catalog helping people around the world. To order from World Vision’s Gift Catalog, visit www.worldvisiongifts.org or call toll-free at 1-855-WV-GIFTS (1-855-984-4387).
About World Vision
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. For more information, visit www.worldvision.org.
How many people on your list want the thought instead of the actual gift? I have several so this is the perfect option. Want to win some of the items that you can purchase for the ones that would love the quality gifts as well? Just enter below and GOOD LUCK!
Some of the items you may receive are the:
- The Heaton Hope Bracelet ($100) – This year, everyone’s favorite TV mom, Patricia Heaton, has partnered with World Vision to design the Patricia Heaton Hope Bracelet. The name was purposely chosen to encourage people to feel hopeful about our world and to give hope, through generosity, to those in need.
- Vietnamese Tote ($100) – Disabled Vietnamese women gain independence by creating these beautiful hand-embroidered purses.
- African Soapstone Box ($85) – Talented artisans bring raw stone to life with etched designs and hand dyed finishes that showcase modern African creativity and provide a sustainable way out of poverty.
- Charm Necklace ($100) – Made by a gold and silver plating specialist in India, the unique and elegant charms make this necklace a subtle statement piece.
- Infinity Scarf ($75) – This fashion-forward accessory is made by artisans in India who are trained in the loom industry to attain skills and a sustainable livelihood.
- Wraparound Ring ($55) – A vibrant, adjustable ring with aqua and blue chalcedony stones set in metal, made by female artisans in India.
Giveaway open to US Residents, 18+, only. Giveaway ends 12/12/2017.