**This conversations is in partnership with The Peanuts. I am a Peanuts Brand Ambassador. All opinions are my own.**
Spring has sprung, the flowers are blooming and Easter is on it’s way! There is no better way to celebrate than with a family movie night featuring It’s The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown! A classic that I grew up watching, my kids love it too! With characters like Snoopy, Charlie Brown and all of the antics generations of Charlie Brown fans have fallen in love with, how could anyone not want to add this movie to their collection?
Here are some fun facts you may not have know about the Easter Beagle!
- Snoopy first appeared as “the Easter Bunny” on April 14, 1968, but Charles Schulz did not give the character the name “the Easter Beagle” until three years later.
- On Sunday, April 11, 1971, the Easter Beagle made his official comic-strip debut. Again, Linus was the first one to interact with him (although it’s Lucy who gets the Beagle kiss!).
- During his April 2, 1972 appearance, the Easter Beagle delivers eggs to the members of the Peanuts gang…but discovers his basket is empty when he gets to Charlie Brown. This idea was adapted into the animated television special.
- Fortunately, the following year, on April 22, 1973, Charlie Brown does receive an Easter egg—this time from the Easter Beagle’s assistant: Woodstock!
- Charles Schulz once said in an interview that the Easter Beagle was his favorite of all of Snoopy’s alter egos.
In the movie, Linus sounds the alert, letting everyone know that the Easter Beagle is coming. Sally, however, is a little suspicious, since the last time she believed Linus’s reports on a famous holiday character, she missed all the trick or treating while waiting with Linus in a pumpkin patch for the non-arrival of the Great Pumpkin. Not wanting to fall for it again, they color eggs and choose new shoes to be prepared for Easter. But when the floppy, familiar looking Easter Beagle comes to town, nothing but fun happens from them on out!
To celebrate this amazing movie and the history it has, I am giving one lucky winner the same Easter Beagle Prize pack I got! ONE will win it so enter below and GOOD LUCK!
One reader will win:
An irresistible Easter Beagle porch greeter, delivering happiness to every household
A DVD of It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown, offering holiday joy all year round
Candy! (What Easter basket would be complete without it?) You’ll enjoy chocolate Easter eggs and delicious fruit sugar candies.
Giveaway Open to US Residents, 18+ Only. Giveaway ends 3/21/2016