This post is sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are my own. Please see my Disclosure Statement for more.
The thing I learned while recreating this amazingly delicious cake from Kraft is that I do not know how to use a broiler. Seriously, even in an electric oven, you can set marshmallows ablaze in a matter of seconds. It was traumatic but the cake is OK. I’ll recover too. The second thing I learned is that my trick to add some Raspberry preserves to heavy chocolate desserts really does refresh the dish and allow you to eat more! The third thing I learned is that the Walmart Kraft Recipes Page is now my favorite recipe go to site! Finally, I learned that Warm Triple-Chocolate Pudding Cake with a Raspberry Twist the the absolute best thing EVER!
Keep reading for the Walmart Gift Card Giveaway and how to enter!
I rarely read recipes when I cook. I get a general idea for the ingredients and then go to town with my memory. Which fails me more often than it remembers. I also like to add a little twist to recipes in order to make them pop. Check out my Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo recipe for another example.
When making heavy chocolate desserts, I accidentally learned a while back that I really like to add something a little tart to offset the chocolaty chocolate of it all. For this cake, I simply added 3 heaping tablespoons of Raspberry Preserves to the pudding mixture! In the recipe it is super subtle. But it takes a little edge off the richness and adds a sort of cooling to your tongue effect. I promise, even if you are not a Raspberry fan, you will love this trick!
- 1pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 2pkg. (3.9 oz. each) JELL-O Chocolate Fudge Flavor Instant Pudding
- ⅓cup sugar
- 2cups cold milk
- 1-1/4cups water
- Raspberry Preserves - 2-3 heaping tablespoons
- 3cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 3oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- PREPARE cake batter as directed on package; pour into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Beat dry pudding mixes, sugar, milk and water and Raspberry preserves with whisk 2 min.; pour over cake batter. Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- BAKE 55 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Meanwhile, heat broiler.
- TOP cake with marshmallows. Broil, 6 inches from heat, 30 sec. to 1 min. or until marshmallows are golden brown. Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over marshmallows. Cool 15 min.
This cake is divine, guys. It is delicious, creamy, fun to make and even more fun to eat! My kids devoured their piece when they got home from school. Of course, I had to have an ample sample in the interest of total transparency.
Create this and any of the amazing recipes on the Kraft Recipe page at Walmart! I have my next recipe tagged! What would you make?
Want to have some help getting all of the ingredients you need? Enter below for your shot at some seriously helpful Walmart Gift Cards!
Simply create an eCard with your favorite top-Pinned Kraft Foods recipes, fill out the entry form, and then share your card. Not only will you be entered for a chance to win high value Walmart gift cards, but you’ve also created a delicious collection of recipes you can share on Pinterest!
Now, enter below to WIN 1 of 5 $50 Walmart Gift Cards! Ends January 31, 2015! Good Luck!