Dinner can be the most stressful thing to think about during the day. What do I make? How much time will it take? Will my kids eat it? That is why I am a HUGE lover of the Slow Cooker and all of the wonderful things that can come out of it hours after I throw a bunch of stuff into it. I also like to add twists to my dishes to give them a little flair. Like my Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo… with a Twist!
There are always things you can modify or change in a recipe. This ‘twist’ came on a cold day when I needed some serious heat!
- 4 chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup cheese (Swiss or shredded - I used Mexican shredded)
- 3 TBSP Parmesan Cheese plus some to top
- ¼ TSP Cayenne Pepper (or more for taste)
- Throw the chicken and Alfredo sauce in the slow cooker for 2 hours. Then add cheese and Parmesan cheese and cook another 2 hours. Add Cayenne Pepper and cook another 30 minutes. Serve over noodles. Top with more Parmesan and Chives.
The Cayenne Pepper adds a kick and, depending on how much you use, a real fire to warn you up. I have made this recipe with red pepper flakes as well but the whole bodies flavor of the heat does not seem to be as intense. Anything you add can be amazing with it though. Someone told me to add jalapeno juice but I am not that brave!
Chicken Alfredo can be served over Fettuccine noodles, rice or served as the main dish with sides. Either way you slice it, it is a warm and creamy dish that your whole family will love!
I made this dish in my NEW 3.5 quart Crock Pot! I am so in love with it! I got it on sale on Amazon with free shipping and it is perfect for a family of 4!
How do you dress up your Chicken Alfredo? I would love to hear!
Want more Slow Cooker Recipes? Try our Hearty Beef Stew!
Get more Slow Cooker Recipes in 500 Flavorful Slow Cooker Recipes, a cookbook!