This shop about Sweet & Salty Toffee Bars has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetnSaltyHoliday #CollectiveBias
There are some things that you just have to try. Dark Chocolate Wavy Lays is one of them. Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays Covered with Almond Bits is another and while we are at it, go ahead and grab the bag of Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays also. Why? Because these interesting little concoctions will change the way you think about specialty foods. At first I thought they would be too…. weird. But when I tried them, my taste buds told me that one bag is just not enough. So while walking through Target’s holiday aisle, I picked up a lot of bags – you know, a few for me to eat outright and a few for a recipe – and was inspired to see how these would taste in one of my favorite holiday recipes! Toffee Bars can be customized to your liking. But adding the limited edition Dark Chocolate Wavy Lays just takes it over the top. The double shot of chocolate makes them a divine addition to any holiday platter!
These wonderful little snacks that are the perfect mix of salty and sweet are only available for a limited time at Target. Yep, you heard me. A LIMITED TIME! With the newest flavor, Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays Covered with Almond Bits, new this year, I advise you stock up! These little bags of fun flavor are perfect for gift baskets for teachers, gift sets for those hard to buy for family members and an awesome addition to neighborhood treat baskets! They are also the perfect snack while binge watching your favorite show this holiday season!
I wanted to make a batch of Sweet & Salty Toffee Bars to add to a little ‘thank you’ basket for my neighbor. This week is my birthday. At almost 44, celebrating is just not a priority to me. She has decided it should be and has given me a present a day to last the week. She adds little hand written notes and makes me feel especially wonderful. As a thank you for taking the time and energy to do something so amazing for me, I want to thank her with this recipe!
- – 8 graham crackers, or as many to fit your baking sheet
- – Bag of Dark Chocolate Wavy Lays
- – 1 ½ cups pecans, roughly chopped
- – 3 sticks unsalted butter
- – ¾ cup sugar
- – ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- – 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer. Lay out the Dark Chocolate Wavy Lays evenly over the graham crackers. Sprinkle with the pecans.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until golden brown and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Pour toffee mixture evenly over chips and peanuts.
- Bake at 350 for about 10- 15 minutes, depending on your oven. Toffee should be a little golden and bubbly. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow the chocolate to melt.
- Let sit until cool and then remove from pan and break apart.
- Let cool completely (you can stick them in the refrigerator to make this happen faster) before breaking into squares.
Now that these beautiful, sweet & salty treats are ready, I can assemble my Thank You basket to my friend. All I did was stuff a basket with tissue paper. On top I added Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays and a bag of Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays Covered with Almond Bits. These are too good not to share. I then added a baggie with the Sweet & Salty Toffee Bars. I also added a scented candle that will make her home smell amazing all season long.
This is the perfect Thank You gift in my opinion. Wonderful snacks, a touch of love and gratitude and a creative presentation always is a hit!
Now that you are totally salivating for Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays , Dark Chocolate Wavy Lays, Milk Chocolate Wavy Lays Covered with Almond Bits, which are available for a limited time at Target, what recipe would you make with them? I would love some new ideas!