In my family quick and easy meals are a MUST! Between school, work, activities and – life – our days and nights are crammed full of other things to do besides cooking dinner. Add those excuses into the one where I just don’t want to cook dinner and we are a ‘what’s in the pantry’ kind of family. I won’t lie…. sometimes we don’t even use plates. Like for my Super Easy Slow Cooker Enchilada Chicken Nachos recipe.
Want to know how this one came about?
It was born of the well tuned pantry hunt. My girls were coming home after a long weekend and I was in my ‘clean the house, fold the laundry, oh crap!, I have to make something for dinner’ mindset.
I scoured the pantry. I found an un-opened bag of tortilla chips I had completely forgotten about and a can of enchilada sauce I didn’t even know I had and an idea spawned.
I opened the freezer and was thrilled to see a bag of chicken. I grabbed that and what was left of my Mexican shredded cheese and went to work.
Super simple is an understatement. Just check out this recipe.
- 3 chicken breasts (I used frozen)
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Toppings: guacamole or avocado or tomatoes or olives...
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Add in 3 chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
- Pour the can of enchilada sauce over the chicken.
- Set slow cooker on HIGH for 6 hours for frozen 4 hours for thawed. If you need to go 8 hours, use the low setting.
- When time is up, add the cup of cheese and cover for 5 minutes to melt it.
- Take two forks and shred the chicken in the slow cooker.
- With a slotted spoon, place chicken over pile of chips and add whatever toppings you want!
Who said this was easy?
Oh yea.. I did.
Not only is it easy, it is DE-licious. My kids L O V E D it and I was, frankly, shocked.
This is now on the list of super fast, super good, super awesome dinners! It joins my Worlds Easiest Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe Ever… like… ever.
Dress yours up by adding a can of black beans, some Rotel tomatoes or even some olives and enjoy!
What would you add?
Leave A Comment