Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Now, that does not mean I can go crazy and alternate my Valentine Pancakes with French Vanilla Cream Syrup and my Chocolate Cream Cheese Stuffed Pastries with this Strawberry Belgian Waffle recipe every few days. In fact, most of the time lately, I eat very good, high protein breakfasts. But, sometimes… just sometimes, you need to splurge!
Now, I know you are drooling. Who would not be? The recipe is so easy and you can change it up and make Blueberry Belgian Waffles, Blackberry Belgian Waffles and so much more!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Flour
- 1¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Vanilla
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING:
- ½ lb Strawberries
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Remove stems from strawberries and cut up. Take ½ of the strawberries and Puree in food processor or blender. Preheat waffle iron. Separate eggs.
- Beat egg whites until they peak. Beat egg yolks in large bowl until smooth.
- Add flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and vanilla to egg yolks and beat just until smooth. Fold in egg whites.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Put sugar into a cold mixing bowl and add cold whipping cream. Whisk until the cream gets stiff peaks. Drizzle waffles with strawberry puree and top with strawberries. Place whipped cream on top of waffles.
You can get a great and affordable Waffle Maker at any retailer and online. And you can dress these up any way you want. Add Strawberry Flavoring to the Homemade Whipped Cream to make it even more delicious!
The options for this scrumptious dish are endless. I want to do a mixed berry recipe too and really pull out the perfect flavors for the season! Or how about Peach for a great summer recipe? You can even do chocolate chips in the waffles and really treat your family!
Who would not want a fun, delicious breakfast every once in a while! Give these a shot and tell me the variations you would have!