This shop about Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cobbler has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeHolidayJoy #CollectiveBias
Comfort food and the holidays go together like my daughters and me. A perfect match meant to induce the most amazing feelings of love and happiness. But while comfort food’s effects last only as long as I can gobble it down, the aroma can last a lot longer with the amazing Glade® Limited Edition Holiday Collection at HEB. I am no stranger to wanting to find the best products to make my home smell wonderful and less like 4 dogs and three kids live here. Glade® products have been a mainstay for years and I am so happy when they come out with new aromas that can make my home warm and comfortable smelling all day long. So while shopping for the ingredients for my Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cobbler, which I have been craving big time lately, I picked up the NEW Holiday Scents on the end cap of the home fragrances aisle. The Glade® Happy Glow™ in the Apple Cinnamon Scent, the Glade® Shimmering Wonder™ in the Plum Blossom Scent (this smells AH-mazing!) and the Glade® Merry Fun™ Vanilla Scent products are wafting through the house inviting warmth and holiday happiness throughout.
Now, before I get to this amazing Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cobbler recipe, let’s chat for just a bit about the environment we all want to present to guests this holiday season.
I remember walking into my grandmother’s house as a child, presents under the tree, the scent of pine mixing with the warm cinnamon apples on the stove. There would be a feeling of coziness as the flames flickered in the fireplace. Actually, what is really interesting is that I don’t remember a fireplace in her house, but I remember feeling very warm and invited. That is the feeling I think we all want to have in our homes all holiday season long, even if it is just us. I love that Glade® and their line of Holiday Scents can help create that in my home. In addition, look at your local HEB for information on the Shazaam app! Look for the logo on in-store displays and download it to get video content, your Spotify playlist and even giveaways you can enter!
I really like the Glade® Automatic Spray Starter Kit because you can set it and go. It comes with everything, including the batteries and you can choose how often you want it to go off. These are great for large living spaces and are beautiful to display as well!
Now, to what we have all been waiting for. This amazing Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cobbler Recipe that I saw online a while back and have been salivating for ever since!
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- Large can of pumpkin puree (29 oz)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar, or sugar substitute
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Butter Pecan Cake Mix, or golden vanilla
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ½ cup candied pecans
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs slightly, pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, salt and vanilla. Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour the mixture into a cooking s slow cooker and set on low for 3 hours. Top with the powdered cake mix, yes, the whole bag, and sprinkle with 4 tbsp brown sugar. Drizzle melted butter evenly over the top. It's OK if does not cover it all. Cook another hour on low if you do not see a solid crust. Dish out and add homemade whipped cream and pecans to top!
Here are a few tips on this one.
- Making homemade whipped cream is easy. I did add a pinch of cinnamon and and 1/2 tspn of vanilla to this batch to help bring out the pumpkin flavor!
- Candies pecans are so easy. In a saucepan, add 1/2 cup chopped pecans and ‘roast’ for about 3 minutes. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 TBSP brown sugar, a splash of vanilla, and a pinch of salt to help offset the sweetness. Pour it over the nuts and mix well, cooking on low for about 10 minutes. Lay on parchment paper to cool and then sprinkle them over the top of the Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cobbler! Super easy but it adds a little crunch to the dish!
- Leftovers can be saved in an airtight container. Simply reheat in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until warm throughout.
- I cut the sugar in the recipe by using a sugar substitute. The flavor stays the same and I feel better about indulging!
I love love love the holidays and the wonderful memories they create. Curling up after dinner with a bowl of Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cobbler while the kids and I watch classic movies is a must. When I can’t, walking through my home which smells warm and inviting adds to my everyday holiday spirit!
Pick up your Glade® scents at HEB and start your holiday season off with smells of the season! Which scent do you think would make you the happiest this season?
CONNECT WITH GLADE®