**This conversation is brought to you by SleepIQ Kids Bed and Mom It Forward. All opinions are my own.**
Kids and bedtime is a very popular topic. Even if you are dedicated to getting your kids to bed on time and a serious stickler for schedule, hiccups happen. Kids get up at night, they refuse to sleep and any other number of things keeps parents guessing at bedtime. Will the kids sleep or will we be up dealing with them? We all know that kids need their sleep to excel in school, to feel great and to have the energy to play like kids should. Sleep Number is dedicated to making sure kids get quality sleep too. So they created the first bed that grows with your children as they do! The SleepIQ™ Kid’s bed is here and it looks amazing!
Before I get into why I am seriously considering heading to my local Sleep Number store to experience the SleepIQ™ Kid’s bed for myself, I want to tell you my one tip for a smooth bedtime routine! Ready?
An early bed time!
Yep, I put my kids in their beds at 7:30 every night. I would say without fail but we all know better than that! Even during the summer, I try to adhere to this bedtime. For years I struggled with bedtime. My oldest was the worse culprit. She was born with her eyes wide open and getting her to close them for a good sleep is virtually impossible. But one night she went to her room and fell asleep right around 7:30. She slept until 7 the next morning. So the next night, I put them to bed with a story and same thing. Taking her own bodies clues, I made that bedtime.
Bedtime has become so much easier since the change. On nights that I miss that 7:30 – 8 window, I will hear her in her room until past 10 playing. But if I can make it, she sleeps and wakes happy. If you are having issues with bedtime, try earlier! It may work for your kids too!
Another thing that might work is the SleepIQ™ Kid’s bed from Sleep Number! The first adjustable bed for kids, it grows with them as they age making it the only mattress you will need for them. They can even take it to college!
The SleepIQ Kids™ bed is the smart bed for smart kids. It is the only bed in the world specifically designed for kids’ unique sleep needs and the only bed that adjusts with children as they grow. Using effortless technology, the bed combines individualized sleep knowledge with adjustability to empower parents and children to achieve their best possible sleep. There’s nothing to wear or turn on. All kids have to do is sleep. By helping parents give their children the best night’s sleep tonight, kids can be their best tomorrow.
Check out this video to learn why your kid’s sleep could be vastly improved with a SleepIQ™ Kid’s Bed from Sleep Number!
- Family Connected, Sleep PerfectedSM: The SleepIQ® technology dashboard lets you see how the whole family is sleeping. Powered by Bam® Labs, SleepIQ tracks your sleep and helps you optimize it.
- Know the comfort they’re getting: The bed adjusts and grows with them; they can adjust the firmness of the bed for comfort and support – their Sleep Number setting.
- Lifts them up when they’re down: Head-tilt feature is for reading in bed or comforting stuffy heads.
- No more kiddos jumping out of bed: Alerts you when your child is out of bed or restless.
- Stars for young dreamers: Make bedtime fun again with rewards for good sleep.
- Night bright, night light: You can turn lights off remotely – when they’re sleeping tight.
- Twinkle, tinkle: Soft under-bed light guides them when they get up during the night.
- Monsters be gone!: Sleepyheads rest easy with a fearless monster
Seriously, what parent would not want their kids to get a better nights sleep? It can only lead to a better night and happier days for us, right?
Another great thing? As kids grow and learn to manage their own bedtime, the SleepIQ™ Kid’s bed and app helps them do that too! They can start to learn how activities such as exercise and eating sugary snacks before bedtime affect their sleep score! Good bedtime habits now lead to great ones as adults!
Head over to a Sleep Number store and check out the Sleep IQ™ Kid’s Bed now! I’ll be heading over when I get back from all of my business travel!
How do you manage your kid’s bedtime? What tips work for you?