This shop about Red Velvet Easter Cakes has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
I cannot believe that Easter is right around the corner. Before we know it Mr. Bunny will be visiting with treats and eats that everyone will love. I, especially, love the Easter holiday because it means I get get to bake and create unique treats for my girls, my neighbors and my friends! There is almost nothing more satisfying for me then spoiling those I love and appreciate with holiday themed treats that can only make their day more special! So, after piling up the MARS Wrigley Candy on my counter, I made a batch of my Red Velvet Easter Cakes Recipe and served them up on a ribbon wrapped plate that just makes it more festive! These are easy, delicious cakes that combines cake and candy in an irresistible treat that is fun to look at as well!
The first step to making these Red Velvet Easter Cakes is to go shopping! Walmart is the go-to Easter destination this spring so I hit the store on a mission to get everything I needed to make these treats! When there, look for the NEW and Exclusive M&M’S® White Chocolate. I chopped these up and put them in the cakes for a really great flavor addition.
They are available in beautiful Easter colors, as are the M&M’S® Milk Chocolate candies, and make a beautiful looking addition to any Easter table!
Since most of us will also be stuffing eggs this Easter, grab a few of the MARS Variety Bag so that you have plenty on hand. ALL of your Easter needs are at Walmart, including the Starburst® Jelly Beans that you will need to fill your Easter Cakes baskets! SAVE up to $3 on select Mars Candies with the Ibotta offer too!
Now onto these really cute cakes and the serving tray that dresses them up even more! I used a Mini 12 Cavity Fluted Pan to create the perfect cakes for this recipe. When flipped upside down, you get a cute bundt shape that had a cavity in the middle for your ‘eggs’. I use this pan a lot, including for my Holiday Wreath Spiced Bundt Cake I made for the holidays last year!
Now that you have the most important part of your Red Velvet Easter Cakes, lets talk about this simple recipe!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup chopped M&M’S® White Chocolate
- 1 package white almond bark
- ½ cup coconut
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 36 Starburst® Jelly Beans
- Heat the oven to 350 and spray the pan generously with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- In a bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water together until well blended. (*please note, read the instructions on your cake mix for exact measurements according to your brand.) Stir in the M&M’S® White Chocolate. Pour ¼ cup of batter into each cake mold and bake according to the instructions on your box. About 12-14 minutes.
- Pull from oven and let cool. Flip the cakes onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white almond bark slowly. When soft and smooth, dip the bottoms of the cakes into the bark and set on a cooling rack that is sitting on a cookie sheet. Spoon the almond bark over the top and sides to cover.
- While the almond bark is still wet, add your green coconut 'nests' and Starburst® Jelly Beans as eggs. Allow to set completely.
The ‘nests’ on these cakes are super easy to do. Simply put the coconut in a bowl and add in 4 drops of green food coloring. Using a fork, fluff the color into the coconut. Lay the coconut out on parchment paper to dry.
A few helpful tips:
- Your almond covered cakes will stick to the wire rack as they dry. If you can, use a very flat spatula to move the cakes to a flat plate when still a little wet.
- Add the coconut ‘nests’ to your cakes when the coating is still a little wet. The coconut needs to stick to the coating to prevent falling off.
- If your almond bark is not super smooth and a little stiffer, gently drop the cookie sheet with the cooling rack on the table to smooth it out.
Now, Red Velvet Easter Cakes always look better when served on a pretty plate. All I did to dress mine up, and to enhance the nests, was to wrap a thick green ribbon around my plate. Just tape the right length onto your plate and set the cakes on it to really make them pop! When giving gifts, those little extras that show you care mean a lot to those getting the treats!
Next time you are at Walmart, use Ibotta to save on MARS Candies and get the ingredients for these cakes! They are easy, fun and delicious! Who do you know that would love these on their Easter table?