**This post is in partnership with Ragú® Sauce and ModernMom.com. All opinions are my own.**
Visit Pinterest.com/ragusauce for additional recipes mash ups and recipe ideas!
There is nothing better than cooking a delicious meal for those that I appreciate and love. It does not have to be a special occasion to have people over and to serve them things that are amazing. Right now in Texas, it is raining almost every day. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes the afternoon, but barely a day goes by where the droplets of water fall from the sky watering my grass and trees. The problem is that rain means outside play dates are off. So I invited my girls besties over on a rainy day and made for one of my family’s favorite meals, Oven Baked Swiss Chicken Parmesan! I make it with the finest ingredients including Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce!
This recipe with a Swiss twist was born out of desperation. I made the recipe once and had no other cheese in my fridge but Swiss. So, I used it and this is now the Saucesome family favorite in the household. Ragú® is recognizing and celebrating everything that makes family mealtime Saucesome. From unique recipes to silly moments to rainy day sleepovers…it’s all Saucesome with the delicious help of Ragú® Sauce. And it was the most flavorful part of the meal. Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce has a delicious taste your whole family will love. Mine does. We use it on everything from Spaghetti to my ultra-awesome Meat Lasagna.
Visit Facebook.com/RaguSauce for additional delicious recipe ideas!
Check out Ragú® on Twitter @RaguSauce and #Saucesome
So knowing cabin fever was setting in, I invited my friend and her 4 daughters over for a lazy Sunday lunch. Seven little girls seem hard to please but I was pretty confident this meal and the surrounding play time would prevail.
- ¾ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Traditional Sauce
- 6-8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then crumb mixture; turn to coat. Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Place Swiss cheese on the chicken. Then pour Sauce over chicken; top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- TIP: Most dishes that call for frying can be baked to cut down on the fat. Try substituting eggplant for chicken for a vegetarian version.
- Cost per recipe*: $14.30 Cost per serving*: $2.38 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets. See nutrition information for sodium content.
- Recipe from Ragu.com
The layer of Swiss cheese goes over the chicken after a 20 – 25 minute bake. Then add the Ragu® in any variety you want. I love all of the varieties, including Ragú® Hearty Traditional Sauce and Ragú® Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion Sauce. I use the Ragú® Classic Alfredo to make my Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo and to add to any noodles! Ragú® has the Authentic Italian taste American family’s love and a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes.
To complement the meal, I threw some mixed greens in a bowl with some Honey Coated Pecans and Strawberries for my Strawberry Honey Pecan Salad! It is so good and you can buy the pecans already made in your natural section of the grocery store.
I laid the chicken on a bed of spaghetti tossed in Ragu® to add to the flavor. Adding a bread stick was the last step to creating this dish that even the kids devoured!
What recipes do you make with Ragu®? I would love to see any twists on classics you love! Just comment below!