**I an honored member of the #SearsBloggerSquad. I will bring you special deals, honest opinions and news on how Sears can help you get #searsoutdoorliving this year with #searsStyle! All opinions are my own.**
#searsoutdoorliving #ad @sears
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you know that I am overhauling my house and making it as pretty and functional as I can. Another important goal? Giving it some serious style! I admit, though I am good at a lot of things, decorating is not a talent I possess. I pick and choose my decor based on what I see on display. However, since I am so proud of the house I am raising my children in, I want it to be a showcase too. One area that I have totally ignored in my decorating quest is my outdoor area. I have a narrow, covered patio with old furniture that is always in a state of disarray and a grill that may or may not be on it’s last leg. I am not really sure since I only know how to use it on one setting. Lucky for me, Sears and Ty Pennington are on a quest to teach me how to decorate my outdoor area! OK, so they are on a quest to show all of us some tips and tricks. Check out Ty’s 7 Secrets to making the perfect outdoor living space and then enter to WIN the Sears Patio Sweepstakes below!
1. Build your base, add over time – After envisioning your dream outdoor space, you can purchase an entire patio collection at once or build it over time, depending on your entertaining needs. Fortunately, the Ty Pennington Style Parkside Collection encompasses 20 matching outdoor necessities – from a loveseat and ottoman to a dining table, umbrella and even a resin wicker swing. It allows you to make additions to your set on your own time. The collection is now available in three colors for custom personalization.
2. Get to grilling – Whether you’re a novice griller or a seasoned outdoor pro, Sears has the grills to match your space and skillset. With 40,000 BTUs of power, a side burner and two large wheels for easy maneuvering, the Kenmore 4 Burner Gas Grill with stainless steel lid is ideal of the beginning griller. If cooking for a crowd is more your style, consider the Kenmore Elite® 600 Series 4 Burner Gas Grill. With 694 square inches of total cooking area, 64,000 BTUs of power, and a cast iron side burner to cook side dishes and sauces, it’s the ideal grill for the avid entertainer.
3. Welcome small spaces – Think your condo balcony or ocean-side deck is too small for outdoor entertaining? Think again. For an intimate yet eclectic look and feel, consider the extensive line of bistro and bar sets available at Sears. They are easily customizable and ideal for dining for two.
4. Go green and add some color – Nothing dresses up a patio faster than plants and flowers. Many planters at Sears coordinate with our patio collections. Refresh your patio with colorful rugs, pillows and cushions. In addition, a strategically-placed patio umbrella can do more than just block the sun – it can define your entire outdoor space. After all, summer parties should create a relaxed vibe.
5. Make your move, weigh your priorities – Summer is moving season. Whether you’re moving from the city to the suburbs or from a single-family home to a condo in the city, match your outdoor entertaining to the space you have. If moving to a market with extreme climates, invest in durable furniture that can stand up to the environment. Consider patio furniture with a rust-resistant steel frame, UV-resistant fabric and an all-weather resin weave like the La-Z-Boy Charlotte 4 pc. Seating Set available at Sears. This set will accommodate your guests comfortably while upholding inclement weather for years to come.
6. Dine with family and friends – Party hosts know the frustration of carrying food back and forth between the kitchen and the backyard. Fortunately, the Kenmore 5-Burner Island Gas Grill with Refrigerator takes elements from the kitchen to the great outdoors. With a side searing burner, a storage cabinet, two storage drawers and a built-in refrigerator, hosts can focus on the food and their guests with fewer trips to the kitchen.
7. Consider your climate – The most popular patio sets on the market are made with either aluminum or steel. Steel is heavier than aluminum but can rust over time. Aluminum is naturally rustproof and generally requires less maintenance. For added protection, make sure your patio set has a heavy duty powder-coated frame if you choose steel.
As you can see, my patio area is in desperate need of many of these items! With Memorial Day and the party Summer season coming soon, I need to get to Sears to take advantage of all of the great deals, decor and tips that Ty is sharing!
Throughout the spring and summer seasons, Sears will offer a great selection of outdoor living collections and grills, including collections from Ty Pennington Style, Grand Resort, La-Z-Boy Outdoor, Kenmore and Kenmore Elite®.
So, do you want to create your own dream patio? Become a Shop Your Way member for FREE and enter for your chance to win the Sears Patio Sweeps at ShopYourWay.com/SearsPatioSweep a chance to win 1.5 million Shop Your Way points to bring your outdoor oasis to life.
And, visit Sears.com/outdoorliving to find more tips on grilling and outdoor entertaining.