**I am a super proud Peanuts Brand Ambassador. All opinions are my own. Giveaway prizes provided by Current PR and the Peanuts Brand.**
From my childhood to my children’s now, the Peanut’s gang has been a fixture. Creator Charles Schultz may have designed a dog named Snoopy but to us, he designed a beloved and cherished character! Charlie Brown and the whole gang grace our movie nights and our story books. So when I was asked to let you know about the super exciting upcoming Peanuts feature film and to share an amazing Old Fashioned Cupcake Recipe from Chef Franck Riffaud, I was more than honored. Of course, providing you with an amazing Peanut’s Valentine’s Giveaway sweetened the pot as well! Read below on how to enter to WIN this amazing pack!
Before I get to the most amazing cupcakes ever, let’s talk about the movie poster hanging in our local theater that has Snoopy on it. My girls are already asking for me to order preview tickets! I would love to but since the movie has a little time to come out, I will have to placate them with the DVD’s we already have in our house! But the celebration has already started for the cast of the movie.
Can Charlie Brown ever win the attention of his beloved Little Red-Haired Girl? Indeed he did on Saturday, January 31, when the Little Red-Haired Girl herself—aka Francesca Capaldi, the 10-year-old actress who plays the character in the upcoming Peanuts feature film—co-hosted a Peanuts-themed Valentine’s party with Snoopy and his sister Belle at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Carlsbad.
10-year-old actress Francesca Capaldi was sweet on the beautiful Snoopy and Belle Valentine’s cakes at her pre-Valentine’s party. You can make this same cake using the Park Hyatt’s recipe, and if you win my giveaway, one of the delicious DecoPac Snoopy or Belle toppings will be included!
Included in the party were the amazing recipes from Park Hyatt Hotel Chef Franck Riffaud! Included were Old Fashioned Cupcakes in both chocolate and white and cakes to boot! The recipe is easy and delicious!
- Cupcakes (or cake)
- Flour 3 Cups
- Sugar 3 Cups
- Salt 1 Tbsp
- Baking Soda 1 Tbsp & 1 Tsp
- Water (Boiling) ½ Cup
- Cocoa Powder ½ Cup (if making chocolate cupcakes)
- Buttermilk ½ cups
- Vegetable Oil 1 Cup
- Eggs 3
- Vanilla 1 Tbsp
- Buttercream Icing
- 1 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or other desired flavoring
- 2 pounds confectioners’ sugar
- To make Chocolate Buttercream: Add ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa and 2 tablespoons
- of cold strong, coffee
- Cupcakes (or cake)
- Combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla together with a whisk. Place the flour, sugar, salt, and soda together in a mixing bowl. Using the whip attachment on an electric mixer, add the liquid ingredients that were previously whisked, mix only until smooth. (If chocolate) Boil the water and add it to the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Add the cocoa mixture to the previous batter. Let the batter sit 10 minutes before filling pans. Fill 2-8" cake pans that have been greased and floured. Fill pans half full. Bake in oven at 350 for approximately 45 minutes. A knife inserted in the center will come out clean. Cool cakes before using.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix at slow speed until smooth. If stiffer icing is needed, or if the weather is very warm, add a little more confectioners’ sugar.
Psst: To help me ice these cupcakes super fast and make them pop, I purchased a Wilton Dessert Decorator Pro. This thing is AMAZING! I iced all 12 cupcakes in less than a few minutes. Plus, it is sturdy in stainless steel, dishwasher safe and comes with 6 stainless tips! It is so worth it! I promise!
Now that your sweet tooth is tingling, let’s get to the giveaway that is going to thrill everyone from you to your little one! I am going to use every single thing from this pack to celebrate the most amazing Valentine’s Day with my girls!
The prize pack includes:
The cupcake recipe from the Park Hyatt’s own Pastry Chef, Frank Riffaud
Valentine cupcake decorations from DecoPac
Peanuts Valentines and easy directions for using to create custom Valentines of your own
A $25 Visa card for purchasing the cupcake ingredients and or Valentine card supplies
A copy of the TV special for free from iTunes.
A cute and cuddly Belle plush
Two adorable Peanuts books: Be Loving and Be Awesome, featuring Charles Schulz’s unique wit and wisdom
Nestle’s Valentine candy
How amazing is THIS?
Giveaway is Open to US Residents, 18+ Only. Winner will be chosen February 9, 2015 and will need to reply to claim the prize by February 10, 2015. Giveaway will be mailed to winner from the providing company.
Giveaway ENDS February 9, 2015!