**This conversation is brought to you in partnership with Hasbro, generationon and The Joy Maker Challenge. All opinions are my own.** #JoyMaker ad
Sitting in the car on our way back from yet another ‘we are blessed beyond reality’ event in this family, the girls and I started talking about the holidays. My girls have more than enough but when I was growing up, I did not. I want them to understand that my childhood is not as unusual as they may think. I want them to know that giving their time, gifts and more can make a difference in a child’s life who may not have much of a holiday season for whatever reason. We got home, still chatting about how we can help and I checked my email. In it was one from Hasbro with the most amazing opportunity to donate ever! 50 toys would be sent to us to donate to our local community! It was all to share the amazing feeling, and the opportunity, for kids to participate in the #JoyMaker Challenge with generationon and Hasbro! The kids screamed YES and I accepted!
Having your children participate in The Joy Maker Challenge is easy! They simple donate a gift, their time or find a way to give back to the community! Then you sign them up on the site and enter a photo sharing what they did. They are them entered to WIN!! It is really that easy! Keep reading for even more details, plus the prizes awarded!
As for us, it was an amazing day when we donated! We chose three charities: Boys and Girls Country where kids go to live when they are having a rough time, the Wounded Warriors toy drive and to the local Fire department, who was collecting and so excited to see us!
Here are the details you need to know:
The Joy Maker Challenge
- generationOn, the youth division of Point of Light, has partnered with Hasbro, Inc. for The Joy Maker Challenge, an annual campaign that connects youth ages 5-18 to meaningful, hands-on service projects during the holiday season
- The Joy Maker Challenge encourages youth to spread joy to people in need during the holidays through volunteer service
- For every kid and teen who volunteers throughout The Joy Maker Challenge, Hasbro will donate a toy or game to Toys for Tots (up to $1 million worth)
- From November 23 – December 23, teens, teachers, youth development professionals and families can sign up or share their stories for The Joy Maker Challenge through the campaign website (generationOn.org/joymaker), which features service project ideas and downloadable planning tool kits
- The website also features eight project guides, developed by generationOn, to help youth learn about and spread joy to those who might be in need during the holiday season, including military service men and women, sick children, seniors and people without homes
- A grand prize winner will be selected at the end of the campaign to win a $1,000 grant, while 20 additional participants will be awarded $250 grants each
- Throughout the campaign, one participant will be selected each week to receive a pack of 10 Hasbro toys to donate in their local community
Hurry over to The Joy Maker Challenge website now and print ideas, calendars and more to get your family involved this year! I promise, the kids will LOVE it and will want to do everything they can to make a child’s life better out there this holiday season!