This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s a holly jolly Christmas and the baking fun is on with Holiday Cut Out Cookies!
I gathered my children, my ingredients from my recent trip to Target and set out to make a baking fun recipe that everyone will love and use to get into the holiday spirit! Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal M&M’s® Holiday Cut Out Cookies are my go-to this week to guarantee time with my kids that create Memories in the Baking! There are two things I know for sure during holiday time. One, I can get everything I need for amazing recipes like Mars M&M’s® Holiday Baking Minis, Quaker Oats in a canister or in individual packets and even Glad® Holiday products to help me make and store holiday recipes, from Target. Two, I know that some of my favorite memories during holiday time are in the kitchen baking with mom. So gathering the kids and letting them get messy with me is something I absolutely love!
Years ago, when I was a little girl, I remember helping my mom and grandmother baking in the kitchen. I stood on a step stool at my grandmother’s side, chatting happily, tasting as we went. Those warm memories stay with me from year to year and I want to give the same ones to my children. There is something awesome about the messy happiness that comes with family time and favorite, time honed, recipes. So as I prepared to make these awesome cookies with my girls, I smiled at the blessing it is to have this special time in the kitchen with them.
The cookies themselves are divine. Cook them less time for chewy cookies and more time for crispier ones. You can get more creative than I did and use writing icing to decorate if you would like. With this easy cut out recipe, you can use this and modify it any way you like all year long!
- 1 cup (16 TBSP) butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup Maple & Brown Sugar Quaker Oatmeal
- ½ cup Mars M&M's® Holiday Baking Minis
- powdered sugar
- To make the dough: In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter and sugar, then add the egg, vanilla, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger, beating until smooth. Beat in the flours and Quaker oats; the mixture may look dry at first, but it will come together. Add M&M's® Holiday Baking Minis and mix in with your hands.
- Divide the dough into two pieces, wrap each piece in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll it out. Use your holiday cutters to cut out cookies, re-rolling and cutting the scraps. Place the cutout cookies on lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake the cookies for about 9 to 10 minutes: the shorter amount of time will make softer cookies, the longer amount of time, crisper cookies. Remove the cookies from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar and let cool.
When the kids and I were done with our Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal M&M’s® Holiday Cut Out Cookies, we had way over made for 4 girls. Luckily, while also at Target, I had picked up Glad® Holiday containers and Glad® Press ‘ Seal wrap. I filled a container and prepared to deliver them to the neighbors. The festive design is perfect for giving and storing all of your holiday treats!
Now who would not love receiving a container full of these cookies? Since the ingredients are affordable, and the containers are too, you can give to everyone you know and just relish in the delicious gift of giving!
I, for one, am enjoying my cookies and my memories as I write this post. Take some time to gather the right ingredients at Target for your families Baking in the Memories day!
What cookie recipe is your favorite to create?