This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #collectivebias #proplanprobiotic
Buy Pro Plan Savor Dry, Get $10 Back in the form of a digital prepaid card. The offer linked here begins on 1/20/19 and runs through 2/28/19.
If you follow me at all on social media, especially on my OneEyedJackTx Instagram account, you know that I live a life surrounded by dogs. In the last year and a half or so I have had about 37 dogs come and go in my house as fosters. I also have three dogs of my own that I cherish very much. In all of this madness, I have the responsibility to not only love them but to make sure they are getting the best meal possible and none of the foods you should never feed your dog. I have trusted Purina® for years for all of my dogs and am always impressed with the formulas that come from intensive research to help us make the best decisions for their nutrition. Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® Shredded Adult Dog Food is a formula that includes a much needed element for many of my malnourished dogs that come to my house: probiotics.
5 Foods Your Should Never Feed Your Dog
- Grapes: Please please don’t let your dogs get a hold of grapes. They are very dangerous for dogs and even one can lead to devastating kidney failure!
- Avocado: I didn’t know that this was on the list, to be honest. But since it can cause cardiac issues in other animals, it can harm your dog.
- Xylitol: Ever have a dog eat a cupcake off the counter (I have), or a tube of toothpaste (raises hand too). If so, they may have been exposed to this very dangerous artificial sweetener. Getting this substance into a dog’s body can cause liver damage and seizures. No one wants that for their pup!
- Salt/ Salty foods: While it is cute to have a video of Fido snacking on potato chips, it is actually very bad for dogs to eat a lot of salt. Just as in humans, it causes a lot of thirst and urination, which can lead to vomiting and other side effects. So, when watching that family movie, keep the popcorn to yourself!
- Macadamia Nuts: Macadamia Nuts, and all nuts for that fact, are just bad for dogs. Within hours of ingesting them, dogs can start vomiting and eventually be very sick. Good for humans, bad for dogs!
Your Dog Food Matters
Of course, we all have dog food in the house. However, it does matter what is in that food. As a beagle foster mom, I have had several come and go with digestive issues. Everything from starvation to being overfed is an issue for a dog. Dogs that are heart worm positive or that are on medications may need digestive help and dogs that have had surgery can be in need as well. Choosing a food that has probiotics in it is something I like to do for all of my fosters.
Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® Shredded Adult Dog Food has advanced nutrition with great-tasting formulas to deliver a sensational mealtime experience. Purina® products are backed by 85+ years of Purina® research from 500+ scientists globally. (For more details, visit.) So if they have learned that probiotics can help my fosters be healthier, I know they have the data to back that up.
For more details, visit ProPlan.com/Savor
Want to know about the probiotics in these foods? Here are a few questions and answers:
Is the probiotic used in Pro Plan® the same as used in human foods and drinks?
Yes, the strain we chose to add to our select Savor® formulas is also a strain found in numerous food and beverage products.
How do you make sure probiotics are live?
We’ve studied probiotics for decades and have learned a lot about the stability and vulnerabilities of probiotic microorganisms.
I find Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® Shredded Adult Dog Food easily when I take Jack to PetSmart with me! After checking out all of the scents outside, he likes to run up and down the aisles checking out toys, treats and more. When we get to the Purina® aisle, however, he knows he’s in his happy place! It is where his food lives!
Shopping at PetSmart is so easy and fun, especially if Jack comes along. The aisles are clearly marked for the food you want and the staff is always very helpful. Who wouldn’t be with cute dogs coming in and out all day?
Check out the link here to learn more about the $10 offer and Purina® Pro Plan® Savor®products. I used it!
Now that we are all clear on what is OK and not OK to feed dogs, let’s stock our pantries with Purina® Pro Plan® Savor® Shredded Adult Dog Food and other safe snacks! Pick yours up at PetSmart today!
Oh, and… psst… did you know? oney-back guarantee (see proplan.com/guarantee for full details). For more details, visit