This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LighterFeelsGood #CollectiveBias
A few months ago I decided to really focus on my health. Not just my working out and ‘talking about how much I am going to lose’ health, but my actual health. My problem, and it took me a while to truly grasp this concept, is what I put in my body. I have heard for years that you can not exercise your way out of a bad diet, and I am finally starting to learn that. But, admittedly, I am nutritionally dense. So, I started a macro based meal plan and started really paying attention to what is on my labels. However, I admit, it is hard. I am a very busy woman and if I don’t work, we don’t have the funds to live our lives. So, I had to get really smart. I decided to focus on one nutritional element we all really need: Fiber. I was prompted by a daytime TV show host who took the Metamucil Challenge and reported on how much lighter and better she felt as she went along. I decided to give it a shot! But the only way I could find time for it was to add it into what I was already making for myself. Thus, my Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Shake with Extra Fiber was born!
See below for even more ideas of how to get more fiber in your daily meal plan:
I headed to Walmart for my bi-weekly trip with Metamucil Premium Blend on my list. It is ONLY at Walmart and is sweetened with plant-based stevia. It is also made with natural flavors and colors so I can feel great about taking it every day. Take it as directed so that you can see the results too.
Now, I know. Stopping during the day of taking kids to school, making lunches, working, working some more and working even more, we all have a hard time adding in something new. Even if it takes only a minute to mix Metamucil Premium Blend in a glass of water and drink it, it is just one more thing I have to stop and do. Let’s face it, the reason I have not been successful in the past is the same one I have today. When I am busy, I come last. Especially when it comes to making sure I eat and eat well.
Here are some tips to help you get more fiber without changing your routine!
- Mix it into foods you already eat! Like my protein shake. I have it every day. Adding two heaping tablespoons to it changes nothing except making it even better for me! Add it to almond butter for your apple dip. Let your ice cream melt and then add it and refreeze it. It won’t change the taste but it will amp up the fiber!
- Set an alarm! Yes, I know… my phone goes off all the time too. But I find that if I set an alarm to drink my water with Metamucil Premium Blend in it or to have an apple or some nuts, I actually DO it!
- Check your labels. You will be amazed at how many foods do and don’t have fiber!! Choose the one with the highest fiber count – like brown rice over white rice – to help meet your goals. You’re cooking anyway, might as well have high fiber foods in the house!
- Keep it out. I can’t stand things on my counters and yet I feel like they are always cluttered. But, keeping my Metamucil Premium Blend in plain sight helps me remember to take it! Like my first tip, adding it into a meal I am making is the easiest way for me to get my fiber. Even added it to my slow cooker Swiss chicken the other night and nothing changed on the taste or texture at all!
- Track it. Yes, I know. Something else to do. But by using an app to track my intake helps me make sure I am getting the grams I need. Tracking it daily helps me make better choices overall as well!
Let me show you how easy it is to add into my morning protein shake too!
To be successful in getting the 30 grams of fiber my macros coach says I need, I have to incorporate it into my day as is. So, I add it to my morning protein shake! Since it is sweetened with Plant Based Stevia it only adds to the flavor of my shake.
This morning I made my favorite chocolate Chip Banana Protein shake! I added in Metamucil Premium Blend and it did not change the flavor of the texture at all. Here is how you make it:
- 1 scoop high premium chocolate protein powder
- 3 egg whites
- 2 TBSP Metamucil Premium Blend
- 1 TBS gluten free chocolate chips
- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk
- ½ banana
- 1 c ice
- Mix all ingredients in a blender and serve!
With 5 grams of dietary fiber and 5 grams of soluble fiber in the Metamucil Premium Blend, it really pumps up the fiber in the shake, starting my day off with the up kick I need!
I have been using this in my shakes now for about 7 days and because Metamucil Premium Blend traps and removes the waste that weighs me down, I feel lighter and less sluggish*. It also helps curb my appetite which is only helpful! This is an incredibly easy way to get my fiber.
Yes, I am a very busy person. I am a single mom of three daughters who are in so many activities I can’t even count them. I have 5 dogs in my house because I foster and I have 2 guinea pigs. I own my own business and have two employees that come in almost daily. It is never quiet here and there is never enough time in a day. Getting the nutrients I need is virtually impossible unless I add it into the food and drink I am already making time for. Metamucil Premium Blend makes getting this nutrient easy!
We ALL need fiber. Chances are none of us are getting even close to what our body needs to operate correctly. Using Metamucil Premium Blend only benefits your system!
How do you get nutrients in on your busiest days?
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.