This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
The whole point of easy meals is to create a recipe that can be thrown together with as little effort as possible. There are some recipes that I make during the week that are fast, easy and delicious for when I have limited time. There are recipes I make on the weekends when I have more time but less energy. Because, let’s face it, we should be relaxing and recharging on the weekends! Then there are recipes you make when company comes over. These savory dishes take time, are amazing and channel your inner chef. For a while now, Chicken Piccata has been a rare weekend but mostly company meal. But by the time you read this and see how Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts makes this Chicken Piccata Recipe a fast and easy one, you will be making it on your busiest weeknights with awesome results!
The biggest stop for me making Chicken Piccata was the chicken. Sure, I could buy thawed chicken at the store. But then I still had to slice it in two down the middle, which is harder than it sounds, and even pound it out a little to make it thinner. Just the extra mess of pounding out chicken had it on my company list. If I bought frozen chicken I had to remember to pull it out and to let it thaw, sometimes leaving a big gooey mess on the counter. Then I still had to slice it and pound it out. But while in the aisles of Walmart, standing over the huge selection of Tyson® products, I saw that not only is the Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts already thin enough for this dish, but it can be cooked from FROZEN with stellar results!
My taste buds salivated as I let myself think about the crisp bite of the capers laying over a juicy, flavored chicken breast topped with Piccata sauce that will keep you in your happy place all day long! Walking past the produce aisle, I also grabbed some cherry tomatoes! Chicken Piccata with roasted tomatoes sounds like the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner to me!
- 4 Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup brined capers, rinsed
- ⅓ cup fresh Italian, flat leafed parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, even thought it is frozen. Push the frozen chicken breast into the flour to coat. This seems like it would not work with frozen, but it does! In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 7-9 minutes, until cooked through. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 - 5 minutes. Remove and transfer to a plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove the pan from the heat and add chicken to the plate. In the same pan, add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to the stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. You can taste to see if it is seasoned well and add salt and pepper if needed. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
- (Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis)
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-piccata-recipe2.html?oc=linkback
Roasted Tomatoes are the perfect side dish for a savory meal. They cook while you are making the Chicken Piccata and add a flair of creamy tartness to the dish!
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes (larger tomatoes work too, just cook longer)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Slice the tomatoes in half. Lay them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Top with olive oil, chopped parsley and minced garlic. Cook for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F, then let them sit in the oven until you are ready to serve!
I have to say, serving this meal up on a weeknight with the reduced time due to having the all natural, raised in the USA, Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, makes this meal so much more fun to make! It may not seem like much but being able to take an individual piece from the bag and start cooking with it right away is a wonderful thing! Plus the 21 grams of protein per breast helps on the healthier eating side too!
Pick up your bag of Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts at Walmart today and eat those company meals during the week with ease!