Dressing up the usual cupcakes can be so much fun! Especially if you get your kids involved! I have done fun toppers like Gumballs, but these Butterfly Cupcakes are super cute and fun too! Especially with Easter coming up!
- 1 box Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- Flipz White chocolate covered Pretzels (for wings)
- Bunny Mix M&M's (for body & head)
- Edible Easter Grass (for antennae)
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Cream butter in a medium bowl Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency. Add several drops of color and whip a few more minutes to get even color. Roughly ice cupcakes to resemble grass. Place 4 M&Ms on center of cupcake slightly on edge and overlapping to make head and body. Cut 2 small pieces of edible easter grass to make antennae. Place 2 Flipz pretzels to make wings.
You can get the Flipz Pretzels online or in any store. The same with the Easter M&M’s! The eatable Easter grass is a little harder to find so I order it online to be sure I can find it. You can use it for these cupcakes and for other Easter treats!
To make this easier for kids, sort the M&M’s into separate bowls. Do the same for the Flipz. Little hands have an easier time small hands to grab and create!
How do you dress up cupcakes for every occasion? I would love to see your creative ideas! With Easter coming up and then the summer holidays, we all need some inspiration now and then!