**This is a post in partnership with TexaSweet. All opinions are my own.**
As I try more and more healthier recipes, I learn more about how to make good foods for me that are delicious as well! One of my new favorite ways to dress things up is with fruit! The other day I was by a Whole Foods Market and stopped in to see what they had. I was impressed with all of the organic options they carry but also drawn to the beautiful displays of fruit! I saw TexaSweet Grapefruits and my mind started going. Luckily, they had sent me a box of grapefruit along with some recipe ideas. After my trip, I wanted more than ever to see how to incorporate grapefruit into a dish! So, I got home and decided to satiny my sweet tooth with a Warm Citrus Bake with Brown Sugar!
- 2 Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- 2 Texas Oranges, sectioned
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a medium bowl, combine grapefruit, oranges and pineapple. Transfer to 1 quart, broiler safe casserole dish. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter and sprinkle over the fruit. Broil about 4 inches from the heat for about 5-6 minutes until sugar is bubbly. Serve warm.
- *Tip: I have an electric oven so I combined everything and cooked it until warm. It was just as delicious!
The taste of the tartness of the grapefruit and the sweetness of the brown sugar sent burst of sweet tangy-ness through my mouth! I love how easy this was to make, how delicious it was to eat and how good I felt about eating this sweet treat! It was a nice contrast to the Texas Citrus Salsa I had over my salmon for dinner!
TexaSweet Rio Grapefruit can be found at Whole Foods or your favorite retailer. The bright color of the fruit and the sweet tartness of the flavor make this a perfect breakfast addition or recipe creator!
What recipes do you love that have fruits in them? I would love to hear all about them!