**Recipe by Beth M.**
Tired of bringing the same old thing to every get-together? Spice things up with these Spicy Southwest Tortilla Chips and Dip and watch every last morsel disappear! These tasty chips have great flavor and pack a punch with each bite! Turn every celebration into a flavorful fiesta with this simple recipe!
- Tortillas (any flour tortillas cut into triangles)
- Tortilla Seasoning: (This will season 3 dozen chips)
- 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 Tsp. ranch seasoning
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- -2 inches of oil over medium heat.
- **Hint oil is ready when one droplet of water from your finger "dances" on the top of the oil**
- Fry each triangle for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle seasoning on immediately to both sides.
- Place on paper towel to soak up extra oil.
- Southwest Dip
- 1 C. Chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 C. shredded taco cheese
- 1 C. Sour Cream
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 1 T. Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Fold together until well blended.
This recipe is fun and easy, tasty and sharable… Everyone will grabbing for just one more loaded tortilla chip. You can decide how much heat you want in this recipe, it is mild with these ingredients. Add more cayenne pepper to really get a flaming hot appetizer! You can also use a deep fryer to make this process just bit easier is you are preparing for a large crowd. I also use a simple shaker to apply the seasoning to the chips. Double the dip recipe to serve a large crowd as well; the dip tends to go really fast since it is chunky. Enjoy!