This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
We Race Day fans are serious about having great snacks to kick-up the experience of watching our favorite drivers race towards the checkered flag! In fact, the spicier and more intense the snack that accompanies the loud motors, cheering crowds and cringing if there is a crash, the better! However, for those of us who suffer from heartburn, especially after indulging, this Spicy Deviled Egg Recipe could trigger an attack! So along with these divine little kicks of taste, I also have NEW Nexium 24HR Tablets on hand as well! Let’s face it, a day can be ruined by that painful feeling of gas traveling back up your throat! So ward it off before it hits you so that you can have spicy deviled eggs until your heart is content!
I usually have the Nexium 24HR Caplets on hand for such occasions but while shopping at Walmart the other day, I saw that they now have NEW tablets! These easier to swallow tablets are just as effective as the caplets. Just make sure you take it when you know you are heading to an event in the next day or so. It may take 1 to 4 days for full effect and is not for immediate relief. Use as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn. Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Nexium 24HR is the new #1 selling frequent heartburn brand* I use it and have been for a while. Especially when I know I am going to throw caution to the wind and bite into something with a kick that may come back to bite me in the form of heartburn! ” *Based on IRI sales data 52 weeks ending 11/1/15 among OTC brands.
Now that I have my heartburn under control, I can make and eat my Spicy Deviled Eggs Recipe and focus on the taste instead of the heartburn!
These little suckers will make you say WOW while you pucker your lips and make sure your water is nearby! They are perfect for Race Day and are easy to make. Guests will think they are innocent little eggs until their mouth explodes with flavor and heat!
- 12 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons Spicy Brown or Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or hot sauce - to taste
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika, for dusting (divided)
- pickles for garnish
- Place eggs in a saucepan with a lid, pour in water to cover, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water and let cool. Peel the eggs. Cut each egg in half lengthwise, remove the yolks, and place the yolks in a bowl with the mustard, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and salt and pepper. Mash the yolks, and stir the mixture until smooth and thoroughly combined. Fill each egg half with the deviled yolk mixture, using a spoon or piping bag. Dust each egg with a pinch of paprika, and place a sliver of pickle. Refrigerate until chilled, 20 to 30 minutes, and serve cold.
You can adapt this recipe to the heat level you want. You can even use a honey mustard to sweeten the heat a bit. But no matter what you do, make sure you have plenty because they will disappear in a hurry!
Make sure you have your Nexium 24HR Tablets on hand for Race Day or any other day that you know you will be celebrating with some spicy foods! No one wants to pay for their relaxing day of fun later!
*Based on IRI sales data 52 weeks ending 11/1/15 among OTC brands.