I think every family has a lasagna recipe that they love. I make my moms all the time. The Easy Meat Lasagna Recipe is a family favorite. But I like to change it up a little. I can change up the ingredients, the ‘meat’ to veggies and even the cheeses. The other day, though, I was craving a Mexican type meal. I had this awesome Red Gold Lasagna Kit that they were so kind to send me so I thought, what if I made a Southwest Lasagna Pie? Create it in a skillet instead of a baking dish and then add some taco seasoning instead of Italian seasoning? Well, it came out tasting so well that my kids requested it for tonight too!
The recipe is simple.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 28 ounce can of Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 14.5 ounce cans of Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 3 tspn Taco Seasoning
- 1 box Lasagna Noodles
- 1 15 ounce tub of cottage cheese
- 3 cups Italian or Mozerella cheese
- 1/12 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven as you brown the beef and cook the noodles to al dente. Add the cans of tomatoes and taco seasoning to the meat. Heat and remove. In a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, lay the al dente noodles across the bottom. Layer with the meat mixture, cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Then layer with more noodles and repeat. Cook in a 350 oven for 25 minutes. Remove skillet carefully and top with Parmesan cheese. Brown top for about 10 more minutes in the oven. Pull out and let sit and cool for 10 minutes and serve.
The Red Gold tomatoes, of course, make the dish. The variety of the rich sauce combined with the bite of the diced tomatoes is a wonderful contrast throughout the dish. I love lasagna and think it can be changed up to serve anyone’s taste!
How do you like your lasagna?
Enter below to WIN the same prize pack I received. It includes the cans of tomatoes, the noodles, some tips for great Lasagna and a Red Gold spatula! Just enter below and Good Luck!
Giveaway open to US Residents, 18+. Giveaway ends 1/20/2013.
Congratulations to our winner: Adalia M.!!!