Disclosure: I received the following items for review. All opinions are my own.
Just because summer is winding down, doesn’t mean you should neglect your skin. The sun will still be peeking out and can do just as much damage to unprotected skin. With all of this gross and sticky humidity, you will sometimes find that you need to do things differently when it comes to your skincare routine. But above all else, you should think about using sunscreen.
SolScents, a scented sunscreen brand, has a new product out: Clear Face sunscreen. Clear Face is really nice because it is such an ultra-light, fast-absorbing sunscreen. None of that goopy stuff that you have to scrape off your hands with a squeegee once you are done applying it to yourself or your children. SolScents Clear Face is lightly scented, so it’s never overwhelming for yourself or those around you. And of course, it’s filled with skin nourishing antioxidants. I really like the fact that it is available is different SPF levels: 15, 30 and 50. You can feel confident and comfortable using this in your daily skincare routine because it is free from parabens and FDA approved. As a mom, that is also comforting and reassuring that it is a safe product for children.
Summer skin care tips from board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Richie Lin
- Keep pores clean: Look for “oil-free” on face sunscreens – sheer doesn’t mean it won’t clog your pores – and take cold showers after sweating to help prevent body breakouts.
- Stop redness from heat: For immediate and long-term prevention of redness from dilated capillaries on the face and neck, an ice water-soaked facecloth compress cools blood that’s flowing.
- Up the exfoliation: Hot, humid weather makes pores look bigger, so add an extra exfoliating session every week.
- Protect your pout: UV rays dry out sensitive lip tissue, so be sure to use a moisturizing lip balm with SPF 15 or higher.
- Shield your eyes: Summer weather can be hard on the delicate skin around your eyes – not to mention squinting. Use an eye-specific cream nightly and don’t forget your polarized sunglasses.
- Apply sunscreen naked: Bikinis offer little UV protection, so lotion up and let it dry before you put on your suit. Burnt buns are no fun!
- Apply and reapply properly: Use a teaspoon of sunscreen for the face and a shot glass-full for the body. Don’t forget to reapply every two hours or after swimming.
- Treat sunburns: It happens to the best of us! Use a skim milk and ice mixture for a soothing compress and aspirin or ibuprofen to reduce swelling. Keep skin hydrated to prevent peeling.
Some fun facts about the new SolScents Clear Face line, is each scented product corresponds to a charitable cause, and a portion of sales is donated to the causes.
The scents available are as follows:
- Vanilla Silk: SPF 15
- Piña Colada: SPF 15
- Cucumber Melon: SPF 30
- Deep Love: SPF 30
- Angelica: SPF 30
- Flower Blast: SPF 50
- Raspberry Dreams: SPF 50
Would you like to try SolScents Clear Face product line? Enter below for your chance! Good luck!
Giveaway Open to US Residents, 18+. Giveaway Ends 8/10/2014