This shop about Slow Cooker Wazzu Chili has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AD #Tailgreatness #CollectiveBias
FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!!! I’m sorry, did I hurt your ears when I screamed that? If you know me at all, you know that I am a football fan through and through! I am no fair weather fan, however, only cheering for my local pro team. I am a college football fan and I watch every pro game I can, no matter who is playing. Earlier this year, I won a 75″ TV. The girls drew the winning ticket and it was a great day! I got it hung in the house and started the calendar countdown to football season. I have to say, on this TV, I can see everything! So to say my football spirit has amped up is an understatement! Now, I invite people over, cook up some Slow Cooker Wazzu Chili and serve it up while willing my players to run for the touchdown at the top of my lungs! But I always have Nexium® 24HR in my cabinet to take when I might be making my WAZZU Chili!! I start a few days before so I know I won’t have the distraction the day of the game!
Now, before I share this recipe for Slow Cooker Wazzu Chili, I have to admit that eating spicy foods can lead to an uncomfortable bout of heartburn! I can not stand heartburn so, when I know I am whipping up a batch of this spicy meal, I pop a Nexium® 24HR to ward off that dreaded side effect! Just one pill a day can ward off that uncomfortable feeling that can come after dining on some of our favorite tailgating foods! *May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed. Nexium® 24HR is the #1 Choice of Doctors and Pharmacists* for their own frequent heartburn so it is a natural choice for me! *Among PCPs and Pharmacists who use a branded OTC PPI
Now that I have my plans for my tailgating fun, including a way to stay feeling great as game after game is on, it is time to make some chili! I found this recipe a while back online and loved it! After making it the first time, however, I had to add some modifications that made it more like I prefer. The first element of change? Making it in the slow cooker. While the original recipe calls for it to be created in a large skillet and refrigerated over night, I prefer the slow cooked warming effects that also sends amazing aromas through my kitchen!
This recipe is not for the faint of heart, however. Made as originally intended, it is a spicy kick in the tongue that we all love at tailgate time! But you can tone it down for kids or if you are not a big spice fan. That is the great thing about Slow Cooker Wazzu Chili. You can make it according to your taste with minor modifications!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white chili beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 ounce beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Set your slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Spray the inside with cooking spray for easier clean up. In a pan, brown the ground beef and pork until brown. Drain and add the meat to the slow cooker. Add in the olive oil into the same pan over medium heat. Stir in ¾ of the onion and all of the green pepper, habanero pepper, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir the green onion, chili beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, beer, and water. Sprinkle with the cornmeal, then season with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Add the mixture ot the slow cooker and mix. Add the lid and let it cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with cheese, sour cream or onion!
I told you this recipe has some kick! It is perfect for those tailgating parties we all love! Modify it to your liking and eat it in a bowl, over chips for nachos and even over hot dogs for killer chili dogs! It freezes well and you can freeze it in individual portions to make reheating in the microwave easy!
While at Walmart picking up your ingredients for Slow Cooker Wazzu Chili, pick up Nexium® 24HR too! Because nothing ruins a good tailgating party like heartburn that distracts you! Get the Nexium 24 HR capsules in the 42 count box and always be prepared!
How would you modify this recipe for your tailgate party?
May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed