When I say that this Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potato recipe is amazing, I mean it is amazing!! This Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potato Recipe will not only save you time but also deliver the taste we all love on the holiday table! I absolutely love this for the holiday season… or a Tuesday! It is so easy to make and tastes amazing! I used artificial sweetener in mine but real sugar can be used as well.
Now onto this amazing recipe that will have all of your guests begging for more!
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Turn the slow cooker onto low. Spray it with cooking spray. Cut the sweet potatoes into bite sized cubes. Place in the slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener and the brown sugar together. Top the sweet potatoes with the mixture and then pour the melted butter over the top.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Set your oven to broil.
- When the slow cooker is done, use a slotted spoon to remove the sweet potatoes to a serving dish and leave the liquid behind. Scoop out ⅓ cup of the liquid and mix in the corn starch. Add the rest of the liquid to a sauce pan and heat to warm. Add the ⅓ cup of mixed liquid in and bring to a slow boil to thicken. Once thick, pour over the sweet potatoes in the serving dish. Stir gently. Top the dish with mini marshmallows. Set under the broiler, watching closely, until the marshmallows are toasty and brown. Serve immediately.
It is absolutely delicious, saves your oven space for something else and makes great leftovers too!
The Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potato Recipe will be a family favorite for years to come! If you make it please let me know how you like it too!