This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Alright, people, it is time to get real about this year. The excitement of the holidays has worn off, school is back in session and we can now focus fully on trying new things, getting some exercise and making better choices to fuel our bodies! I have been going through cookbooks I have looking for meals that I will love that can keep me on track to making better choices for myself and my family. Stumbling upon an Easy Skillet Italian Chicken Recipe, I groaned at the extra time it would be to make the chicken. Remembering that I had a bag of Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips in my freezer, purchased at Kroger a week ago, gave me that extra time back making this recipe even easier! Knowing that I also had some Wish-bone® Italian Dressing, which is the #1 Italian Dressing in case you didn’t know, in my pantry too made this dish irresistible!
Check out this fun Video!
This dish has everything I want in my diet right now. Protein from the 100% All Natural Ingredients and White Meat Chicken, no preservatives, heaping flavor from the Wish-bone® Italian Dressing, veggies I need to keep my body going and cheese. Yes… cheese. We can take a moment to let that soak in if you want…
This is a recipe that I found in a cookbook that was given to me years ago. But you can find variations to it all over the internet. I like this one as it incorporates several veggies, chicken and flavor topped off with cheese. It is a One Bowl Wonder that you can enjoy quickly and with little guilt!
- 1 lb. Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 (2½ oz.) jar mushrooms, drained
- ½ c. Wish-bone® Italian Dressing
- ¼ c. onion, chopped
- 1 med. zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 lg. tomato, cut into wedges
- 6 slices cheese, cut up - I used a combination of pepper jack and baby swiss
- In skillet or shallow pan on very low heat, put the fully cooked Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips and mushrooms in and then cover with dressing. Let sit for about 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is warmed through. Drain the dressing after removing the chicken, saving it for later. Cook onions in skillet in butter. Add chicken back and the mushrooms back to the pan and saute covered on medium heat until chicken is tender. This won't take long with the fully-cooked strips. Add the zucchini, tomato, marinade and a little water. Cook until zucchini is tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Lay over cheese, cover and let set until cheese melts. Pour into a bowl and enjoy!!
A few things:
I used a cast iron skillet because I think it gives even fully-cooked chicken a smoky type flavor. When preparing the skillet to use, make sure you heat it up 3 -4 minutes before tossing the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips in. If you do this you only have to heat to medium to get great results.
You can change you the vegetables you add to this dish to make them your own. I am not a mushroom eater but I do love the flavor they add so I take them out after cooking before I put them in my bowl.
Use any cheese you want, shredded or slices. Change it up sometimes to add to the different flavors this dish can have!
I hope you enjoy this delicious One Bowl Wonder as much as I do. With flavorful products like Wish-bone® Italian Dressing and the convenience of fully-cooked products like Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips, you can get all the flavor you want without sacrificing quality or time!
What would you add to this skillet recipe to make it your own?