My daughters are my Valentine’s. They are getting a little older now and are sort of over the whole candy and silly erasers phase of things. Don’t get me wrong, chocolate hearts are always a hit! But as they get more into scented lotions and kid’s make up, they are seeing that beauty items are fun too! In addition, I love giving gifts that encourage my friends to relax a little too! A while back I came across a Milk Bath Bomb Recipe. Wanting to dress them up for Valentine’s Day, I added rose petals that would float on top of the bath as the bomb dissolved! How fun and romantic, right? Check out how easy this Rose Petal Milk Bath Bomb Recipe is!
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup Citric Acid
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup Dry Milk
- 3 tablespoons Epsom salt
- dried rose petals
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2-3 teaspoons Almond Oil
- 10-15 drops Rose oil, to strength you like
- In a bowl mix the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, dry milk and Epson salt. MIx well. Add water, almond oil and rose oil. Mix well with your hands, adding a tiny bit of water if the mixture will not form a pack.
- In a silicone form, press in some of the mixture, layer with rose petals and continue. Mixture may rise as it sets, so you can let it or lay a heavy pan over it to prevent too much expansion. Dry overnight. Pop out and use!
Here are some tips for this recipe (affiliate links may be included):
The first time I made it, it was too wet. So resist over wetting. Mixture should be dry but make a form.
- Use a Silicone Mold for these. I got my heart shaped one on Amazon.
- I tried to substitute the citric acid with ideas from the internet but it just did not form correctly. So I ordered it online to make this really work well!
- The mixture will expand. I placed a cookie sheet and weight on top as it dried to reduce the expansion of the mixture out of the mold.
- Pair this bath bomb recipe with a nice bottle of wine and fun appetizer to make the perfect gift basket for adults!
- Rose Oil can also be hard to find so here is a link online for it!
Store the bath bombs in an air tight container so that your roses don’t brown!