**Recipe by Beth M.**
Creating something special for your Valentine’s Day loves can be super simple. The beautiful rich colors compliment the strawberry aroma that fills the kitchen creating an ambiance of adoration! The taste is simply out of this world with a cheesecake flavor in a versatile pound cake recipe. I created this using a simple fluted pan and I love how many people this pan serves!
Finding that perfect balance between flavors can be a reward for your taste buds. The sweet strawberry flavor mingled with the tiniest hint of lemon creates a dancing fragrant gala with each bite. My kiddos love this sweet treat and trying to keep my hands out of it proves harder than I thought! This recipe is moist, yet dense and just the right tag along for any occasion!
- 3 Sticks of butter softened
- 3 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 package of Cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Strawberry extract (Plus 1 Tsp. strawberry extract, used separately)
- ½ Teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ Teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- Red Food coloring (a few drops to make the batter light pink)
- Heat oven to 325
- Using a large mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter and sugar beating in a lot of air to make fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time into the creamed mixture.
- Add 2 Tsp. Strawberry Extract and ½ Tsp. Lemon extract.
- Slowly add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Remove 1 ½ cups of the batter, and in a smaller bowl add more red food coloring to make a darker color pink, and add 1 tsp. strawberry extract.
- Pour ½ of the light pink batter into a greased fluted pan.
- Pour the darker pink batter in the fluted pan.
- Pour the remaining light pink batter into the fluted pan and very lightly fold the colors together, once around the entire fluted pan.
- Bake at 325 for 75-85 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- ½ stick butter softened (beat until creamy)
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened (add to butter and beat until creamy)
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Strawberry extract
- ¼ - ½ cup of milk
- Red food coloring ( a few drops)
- Mix butter and cream cheese mixture with powdered sugar slowly until blended, add a few drops of red food coloring. Add strawberry extract and ¼ cup of milk. As you mix, add milk to create a glaze consistency (like honey).
- Add the glaze to the Strawberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake once cooled.
Get more Pound Cake recipes in the Coffee Cakes and Pound Cakes (Delicious Recipes)