Is anyone else in a baking mood? Try this Pear Pecan Bread for a tasty fall afternoon treat! This unique bread will make your mouth water just thinking about it! It is moist, delicious and will soon become a family favorite everyone loves!
Fall is in the air – well, at least it should be. We’re facing high summer temps, but I am craving the fall weather! Harvests, however, are in! Apple picking, ripe pears, pumpkins coming soon! It’s the time to start baking, whether the weather agrees or not.
Simple ingredients, most that you can find in your pantry, will make this Pear Pecan Bread. All you may need to purchase are the pears!
- 1½ cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp grated Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1½ cup grated peeled ripe Pears, with juice (about 3 pears)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Pecans
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg, canola oil, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pears in large mixing bowl.
- Fold flour mixture into pear mixture until ¾ of dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add pecans and fold in until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9 by 5 bread pan and bake at 350 degrees in lower third of the oven, for 1 hr. 15 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10-15 min. before removing from pan.
This Pear Pecan Bread is the perfect kick off to autumn. A warm slice with some melted butter on top, and you’ll feel like you’ve wrapped yourself in a blanket and sat by a cozy fire.
Loved this bread? Try Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread