Holiday baking is here! One of my favorite treats to make between now and the New Year are sweet breads. This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread has everything you want in a holiday bread.
Who doesn’t love Pumpkin during the holidays. OK admittedly it’s not my favorite in pie form, but toss it in bread and I will eat possibly a whole loaf by myself. That’s why this makes a great gift to take to neighbors, friends and family. Have a holiday party coming up? Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread makes the perfect hostess gift too!
First we toss in some pumpkin puree, and mix it well into the bread mix. My favorite is tossing in those chocolate chips though. I can’t help but snitch a few chocolate pieces before folding them through the batter. Don’t try to tell me you don’t! The girls love cooking this pumpkin chocolate chip bread with me, mostly because it means they get to snitch some chocolate too.
- 1½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp Pumpkin pie Spice
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Grease loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture, beating well. Periodically add the water and continue beating.
- Add pumpkin puree and beat to mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
Now who’s going to invite me over to share some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread?
Want more Pumpkin Recipes?