This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#PBandG #CollectiveBias #Yippee
There is almost nothing more fun than Holiday Baking! As my girls age, I am trying to pass on some of my favorite recipes. As of now, though, I will just try to incorporate them into any kitchen activity. Like when I decided to make the Best Peanut Butter Squares with Skippy Peanut Butter and Honey Maid Graham Crackers. They could not do much as I prepped, so I let them make Gingerbread Houses with the ingredients while I worked! It was too much fun and I think we have a new tradition!
Now, I would love to tell you how to help your kids make some super fun Gingerbread Houses but they figured it out. My sitter came to help too so I could continue to do what I needed to do! After all, holiday baking is better with more people!
But let’s start with the Best Peanut Butter Squares EVER! These are the original, super sweet and delicious squares that I remember my grandmother making. I found them in a cookie recipe book that has 1000 recipes. So really, I have no excuse not to cook them from scratch! They came out so good and creamy and amazing that I fully credit the ingredients! Smooth, Natural Skippy Peanut Butter and the crunchy Honey Maid Graham Crackers made this recipe pop!
Get $0.50 off HONEY MAID when you buy one!
- 12 Honey Maid Graham Crackers, whole (I used Honey flavored)
- 1½ cups Honey Maid Graham Crackers, crushed
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, mostly melted
- 1½ cup powdered/ confectioners sugar
- ¾ cup smooth (or crunchy!) Skippy Peanut Butter
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- ½ tspn salt
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Lay out the Honey Maid Graham Crackers on the bottom of a pan they fit.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed Honey Maid Graham Crackers, butter, powdered sugar, Skippy Peanut Butter, vanilla and salt. When smooth, top the Honey Maid Graham Crackers and freeze one hour.
- Pull them out and then melt the chocolate chips over low heat. Pour over squares and add nuts, sprinkles and other adornments, if you so choose. Freeze another 30 minutes until hard. Cut and serve!
Here are the steps to make the no bake Best Peanut Butter Squares Ever!
1. Lay out Honey Maid Graham Crackers on cookie sheet. I laid down parchment paper to keep them from sticking when the other layers were added.
2. Pour the crushed Honey Maid Graham Crackers in a bowl.
3. Add the confectioners sugar while the butter melts.
4. Add the Skippy Peanut Butter.
5. Add the butter.
6. Add the salt and vanilla and mix until all combined.
7. Smooth over Honey Maid Graham Crackers. Use a piece of parchment paper or your hands to smooth out the layer.
8. After you freeze for an hour, Melt the chocolate chips.
10. Pour over peanut butter mixture.
10. Smooth the chocolate out.
11. Freeze another 30 minutes and then cut, serve and enjoy!
Like I said, these squares are super easy, majorly delicious and must be made from scratch! You just don’t get the same sweet effect without the high quality ingredients!
Now, onto the houses that I let my kids concoct! It is their kind of holiday baking!
They are not perfect, I won’t lie, but they were the most fun ever! Using Skippy Peanut Butter and Honey Maid Graham Crackers, they created the walls. We let them sit a but but they never really ‘set’. So they came up with a flat roof on their houses to make them complete! I was fine with it even though I had Gingerbread House perfection on my mind!
At Walmart, where we found absolutely every ingredient we needed to make the squares and houses, we also found decorations and figurines to add to the houses. The kids decorated with some and ate the rest! They had so much fun that they are asking to do it again one day.
Now, none came out anywhere near perfect but they all came out perfectly wonderful for the day!
What recipes can you think of that are out of this world using Honey Maid Graham Crackers and Skippy Peanut Butter? I would love to hear all about them!
Get more Recipe ideas on the Skippy Pinterest Board!
And check out my fun Pinterest Boards too!