This post for Pasta recipes: Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® & La Moderna but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #MyExceptionalPasta #GoldenHarvest http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I can feel it in the air. Even in the unseasonably warm Texas atmosphere I can feel the cooler air coming. The kids are starting to wear coats to the bus stop and I am having to put socks on my feet to walk around the house. While I am still in shorts, the images of those cold nights that are coming are stirring up the need for some super delicious slow cooker meals. While most use Egg Noodles in their Chicken Noodle Soups, I change mine to a Pasta Recipe with La Moderna Golden Harvest Rotini. Why? Because I get more savory noodle taste, more of the broth stuck in the spirals and more of a hearty meal noodle for the kids and I to devour!
Shopping at Walmart, I have my choice of what to put in my pasta recipes. I like La Moderna because they cook evenly, absorb flavor well and just tastes good. I like heartier noodles in any slow cooker recipe as well because they hold up better to timed cooking.
A lot of people have experiences noodles falling apart in slow cooker meals so I want to give you a fool proof method to prevent this from happening. Cook your other ingredients but only put in your dry noodles 30 minutes before you are ready to eat along with a cup of water. They will be plump and ready when you want to serve!
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cups La Moderna Rotini Pasta
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the uncooked chicken breast to the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with the carrots, celery, onion, thyme, bay leaf and garlic. Add 6 cups of chicken broth and cook on low for 7 hours. 30 minutes before serving, add the La Moderna Rotini and a cup of water. Serve as soon as the noodles are done! Salt and pepper to taste on the way out.
With the holidays upon us and the weather changing, there is nothing like a beautiful bowl of Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup to cuddle up with. The flavor of this soup can be altered with salt and pepper and even lemon chicken breasts. Modify it to your liking! Just make sure the pasta you add is La Moderna for flavor, ease of cooking and a hearty meal everyone will love!
How do you use your Slow Cooker during the colder months of the year? What Pasta Recipe is your favorite?