**Recipe by Beth M.**
Everyone is hitting the scales for 2014 and Valentine’s treats do not have to derail your hard work! This simple Strawberry Raspberry Mock Parfait packs a fruity sweet punch without all of the calories! Putting together a fabulous dessert can be as easy as filling a flirtatious glass with vibrant colored fruits!
Dress up a gorgeous glass from the dollar store to make your Valentine dessert a special delight! You can use low calorie whipped cream to cut back on some calories, but if you buy a slim glass you can fill it with what you have on hand and it will be just a tiny splurge!
- 2 round small pieces of cake
- Whipped topping
- Fresh strawberries
- fresh or frozen raspberries
- Layer the ingredients-
- Raspberries (I used thawed from frozen to add some juice)
- Round piece of cake (any flavor- I used Strawberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake)
- **Hint** To get perfectly round pieces, I use a medicine cup with the bottom cut out to cut the cake. Then gently press the cake out with my finger into the glass.
- Layer spoon full of Whipped Topping
- Fresh strawberry slices
- Layer of cake
- Tiny bit of sprinkles
- Layer of raspberries
- Whipped topping layer & Top with a fresh strawberry
Creating this simple treat gives the look of elegance and love without breaking the calorie bank for the day! Share the love with your family for Valentine’s Day with this sweet fruity dessert. The kiddos can be included by using clear plastic cups to create the same beautiful look. My favorite for the children are these hard plastic stemmed cups that can easily be used for many different treats!