**Recipe by Beth & Tots**
When we make brownies, my tots do not want anything fancy, and as they say… “we want just plain chocolate.” Sprucing up a homemade favorite is simple with this recipe, and no complaints from anyone! Just add chocolate, chocolate and top it with chocolate!
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Cups granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp. Coffee extract (optional) It does not have an overwhelming flavor in this fudge brownie.
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Cocoa
- 2 Cups Flour
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together until well blended.
- Add Vanilla, coffee extract, mix well.
- Slowly Pour in the eggs while mixing.
- In a separate bowl mix the cocoa, salt and flour until mingled well.
- Add slowly to the wet ingredients and blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes on low.
- Bake in an 8x8 pan for 18-22 minutes. (Time varies depending on oven, I use the convection setting to regulate baking temperatures).
- Brownies will be soft and fudge like after cooling.
- We used Hershey's Frosting to layer the top and ½ a mini Hershey bar to top it off!
With this classic fudge brownie you are sure to whoo the crowd! We make these brownies for company and there are never any left. Get your children involved with the frosting and addition of the Hershey’s chocolate bar. My children absolutely love to be in the kitchen in any capacity; so we never miss an opportunity get their hands “dirty.” I will never forget making fudge brownies with my own mother and have high hopes that my children carry on this tradition.
We hope you enjoy making this with your family! Perfect for company or lazy weekends together! They are delicious in all the right ways, and they are just plain chocolate!