It’s Springtime in Texas – also known as the first Summer season – and that means GRILLIN’ Time! I have cleaned my grill, refilled the gas, gone to Walmart for the ingredients and am raring to create some seriously delicious meals on the grill! One of my all time favorite things to put on the grill is a nice, juicy burger. What makes it better? CHEESE! Glorious cheese! But there are cheeseburgers and then there is the Hot Dang Cheeseburger I make for me that just about sets my mouth on fire!
No cheeseburger is worth it’s salt without the right cheese! I almost exclusively top my burgers with two cheeses. Velveeta for the melty creaminess and Kraft Singles for the bite that makes the burger. The combination with a good burger is the perfect balance of sharpness and creaminess that we all love on our burgers!
Now, before we get to the amazing Hot Dang Burger Recipe, let me tell you a little secret I use to make my burgers just that much better. I use a combination of hamburger meat that is 80/20 and equal parts of Sage flavored sausage! YES! Sausage! I have tried a lot of combinations of this mixture and this one, with the juicy of the hamburger, and the Sage flavor of the denser sausage really makes a burger pop!
Check out the recipe below and then I will tell you a few more tips!
- 1 lb 80/20 Hamburger Meat
- 1 lb Sage Ground Sausage
- Kraft Velveeta Cheese
- Kraft Cheese Singles
- 2 tablespoons (or more to taste) Philly Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Fresh Jalapeno
- Kraft Ranch Dressing
- Miracle Whip
- Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- Add hamburger and sausage to a large bowl. Mix with your hands. Add bread crumbs and Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese. Shape into 4 - 6 patties. Place on hot grill on medium heat and cover. Allow to brown around the edges and then flip. Allow to cook to your desired temperature. Top with one slice Kraft Velveeta Cheese and 1 slice Kraft Singles. Let cheese melt. Remove patty and add to a bottom bun that has been prepped with Miracle Whip. Add Ranch Dressing and top with fresh sliced Jalapenos.
Biting Pepper Burger
Follow the directions for the patties above. While they are cooking, add about a tablespoon of oil to a pan and then saute red, yellow and green peppers until a little brown and soft. Top the cheeseburger with Miracle Whip, Kraft Smoke Flavored BBQ Sauce, a fresh tomato slice, and the pepper combination. Bite into it and close your eyes. This one has a unique kick all it’s own!
The two recipes above are with the patties made with Philly Jalapeno Cream Cheese in the meats. Now switch it up. Make the same hamburger, sausage patties but add about a cup of Kraft Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese to the mix. Yep – cheese IN the burger! You are welcome!
Once those patties are done, melt the cheese combo on top and then use the two ideas below to make them even more unique!
Onion and Chive Burger
The onion and chive is made with a unique twist I have never seen anywhere else. Spread Philly Onion and Chive CREAM CHEESE on the lid of the cheeseburger lavishly. When topped with fresh tomato, the creamy, cool taste will send your taste buds running to tell their friends! I even added a little Ranch Dressing to mine just to give it a cooling delicious flavor.
Classic BBQ Cheeseburger
There are many classic ways to top a cheeseburger. Ranch dressing is one of these. Use the cheesy patties you made and add mayo to the bottom under the patty. Then top with a fresh tomato and Kraft BBQ Sauce! I like the Smoke Flavored one the best. It add that ‘just grilled’ edge that we all love on cheeseburgers. Oh my delicious this is with every bite!
TIPS for the perfect cheese burger
– Mixing meats can add density, moisture and flavor. I use a hamburger/ sausage combo but have also made these with a turkey/ ground chicken combo. If you do the lighter meats, be sure to salt and pepper the raw meat to add flavor.
– If you use the regular meat burger recipe, salt after they are cooked right before you melt the cheese. For some reason this ties the flavors together better than adding it to the meat combo.
– Bread Crumbs can help a patty stick together. The cheeseburgers where I added the cheese into the mixture bind well together as is. But the ones with the Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese need something to keep them together better. So I use Italian Bread Crumbs to help.
There are so many awesome ways to prep a cheeseburger for a unique flavor this summer. Starting with the right products and having them on hand gets the creative juices going. But no cheeseburger has the creamy yummy of the Kraft Cheese Cheeseburger! So pile it on, pile it in and enjoy your families reactions to the perfect Cheeseburger.
Oh, and have water on hand for the Hot Dang Burger. Trust me!