Yes, we know Valentine’s Day has come and gone. But this craft can be modified for any holiday all year round. This of a little St. Patty’s Day owl and an Easter Owl! You can change the season as easily as you can say Who-Who! Check out the easy craft you can do with your kids in this photo tutorial of How to Make a Valentine owl!
Get green (or any color) construction paper and felt online or at your local craft store. The google eyes are also easy to find! You can also find any green wrapping paper and create a St. Patty’s Day owl! Your kids can let their imagination run wild as they make these fun crafts!
- Used Toilet Paper Rolls
- Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes if you have them (you can also make eyes from paper and markers)
- Glue, I used Modge Podge
- Ribbon if you would like to hang.
- Cut Paper to the width of your toilet paper roll.
- Wrap paper around toilet paper roll and adhere.
- Fold sides in to enclose top of toilet paper roll.
- Add Googly Eyes with Adhesive.
- Cut beak shape out of construction paper and adhere.
- Cut heart shapes out of construction paper for wings and adhere to sides.
- Adhere ribbon to top to form a loop for hanging (optional).
The glue that holds everything in place is Modge Podge. It seems to work better than regular glue and spreads more evenly too.
How can your kids dress up their owls? We would love to see what you come up with! Just leave a comment and a photo below!
Want more Crafts? We are adding them all the time!
We are NEW! Come Join Us Today!