One of the things I like least about being a mom is planning family vacations. Not because I do not love to go on my vacation with my kids, I do. But because it is hard to choose where to go, where to stay with kids that is reasonably priced, and where to stay where I will not worry that my kids will be out of control and on and on.
In addition, with my blog schedule and my husband’s work schedule, it is hard to get away for long periods of time. So we tend to throw vacations together last minute and head to places closer to home.
According to Parents Magazine, who named Embassy Suites as one of the “10 Best Hotel Chains for Families of 2012“, we are called Vacation Dabblers. We tend to take just a few days at a time throughout the year. And we are among the 56% of families that do that too. A lesser amount, 27% consider themselves to be Vacation Extenders. They take a long weekend, add a day to it and turn it into a vacation.
If you save up all of your vacation days in order to take one long vacation, you are part of the Vacation Maximizer club along with only 13% of others. And if you are a Vacation Accumulator, you hold on to your vacation days until the very last of the year and cram to use them before you lose them!
Where do you fall?
And when you DO travel, do you stress about it more than you enjoy it? Check out these awesome points from Dr. Susan Baili, a health and happiness expert and the Author of Live a Life You Love: 7 Steps to a Healthier, Happier, More Passionate You!
1) Vacations are not just about the time you are away! Planning a trip and looking forward to it can actually make you MORE productive! It is true for me. When I know that we are going somewhere, I am a mad woman trying to get things done so that I can actually relax and enjoy my time away with my family!
2) Turn a family obligation into a vacation opportunity! We have done this. When we had a family member getting married in Florida, we extended the trip and threw in DisneyWorld too!
3) Travel the night before your vacation destination. This one, I love. I feel like the days are too crowded if we drive somewhere the morning of day 1 and head back on day 2. Arriving the night before, no matter how late, lets you wake up refreshed and ready to go!
4) Make sure your vacation budget is stretched to the max by staying at affordable hotels like Embassy Suites! The room bookings including two room suites, free cooked to order breakfast and a nightly Manager’s Reception with complimentary appetizers and beverages. Family travelers can spread out and really relax in this environment. Find out more on the Embassy Suites Website and LIKE Embassy Suites on Facebook and Follow them on Twitter to learn even more!
We are headed to Embassy Suites this weekend to check out the great MORE packages they have as an EMBASSY SUITES AMBASSADOR!
And YOU can win the ultimate vacation with your family by entering the Get MORE Vacation Contest! Just upload your best vacation face with your family and you could WIN the following:
Five lucky families will win a week-long family vacation! Each vacation package includes:
- Seven nights at any Embassy Suites Hotels™
- $10,000 for spending cash and round trip airfares for four
Simple, right? And please remind them that I am part of your family when you win!
In addition, take some time to enter to WIN the 366 Days of More Sweepstakes on Embassy Suites Facebook page NOW!
Check out this video to learn more about the sweeps:
GOOD LUCK and come back in about a week when I tell you what me and my family thought of the MORE Embassy Suites is offering!
**I am receiving a night at the hotel with my family as an Embassy Suites Ambassador for review of the rooms and services only. My opinions and writings are my own. Please see my Disclosure Statement for more information. wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Embassy Suites and will receive a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.**