Recipe by Beth & Tots
My tots love anything that tastes even minutely similar to pizza, so these garlic cheese pepperoni popovers were the whole she-bang! They are absolutely delicious and only crumbs remain…
- 1 Package of dry mix garlic butter biscuits, per package mixing directions, set aside.
- Make the herb sauce from the prepackaged mix using 2 T. Butter and set aside.
- 15 chopped pieces of pepperoni
- 6 oz. block of cheese diced
- Bring the biscuit mix to room temperature.
- Add the pepperoni into the biscuit mix.
- Prepare your popover pans using nonstick cooking spray.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of biscuit mix to each popover tin.
- layer with 3 pieces of diced cheese.
- Add 2 more Tablespoons of biscuit mix and top with 3 pieces of diced cheese.
- Top each popover with the remaining biscuit mix.
- Makes 5-6 popovers.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until top of the biscuit is golden brown.
- Top each popover with a couple dabs of the garlic butter sauce.
- Serve immediately.
A few words about these popovers from my Tots:
Tot 1: These are probably about the best thing to eat after school. It is cool to have a snack when I come in, but this is like a really awesome meal.
Tot 2: There’s a lot of cheese in there. You kind of have to let it cool down before you eat it or you might burn your tongue. Cheese is my favorite food and I like to eat it pretty much every time it eat. Except for breakfast, because I really like just cinnamon in my hot cereal (Oats).
Husband: Why do you have to make such wonderful smelling foods when I’m on a diet. Ugh. **Takes just a bite** These are sooooo good, they are not even right!
For More Kid Pleasing Foods Please Follow Us!