**Recipe by Beth M.**
This ain’t your mama’s French Toast, y’all! ~ Lori
Everyone loves a spin on an old classic, right? Well this cinnamon twist will leave you wondering if this french toast is even legal to call breakfast! Delicious french toast, grilled with cinnamon bread with a rich cinnamon icing topped with whipped cream and syrup; use this recipe for special occasions and pamper your taste buds! Check out this French Toast with Cinnamon Icing Recipe and make it now!
- 8 slices Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 4 Eggs beaten well
- ¼ cup of milk
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp vanilla
- Cinnamon and sugar mixed together (I keep this on hand premixed. ½ cup sugar with ½ Tsp cinnamon)
- ½ Cup Buttercream icing (I used store bought in a pinch)
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- whipped cream
- Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Dip the bread slices one at a time into the egg mixture coating both sides and place on a heated griddle.
- Sprinkle both sides with cinnamon and sugar as you grill the french toast.
- While cooking the french toast mix the buttercream icing and ½ Tsp. Cinnamon and set aside.
- When the french toast is done cooking (approximately 2-3 minutes on both sides) apply a thin layer of the cinnamon buttercream frosting, layer with another toast, another thin layer of frosting, then top with whipped cream and syrup.
- The bananas really add a bit of texture and cut the sweetness for a perfect delectable dessert for breakfast!
This is an absolutely amazing recipe; rich, decadent… everything I love in a dessert.. uh I mean breakfast! It takes approximately 15 minutes from start to finish to treat your family to a wonderful celebration of french toast. Go ahead and indulge, every once in a while a gal gets a sweet tooth and this is the cure!
Let me know what you think of this gem after you try it!! If you use a great Butter Cream recipe, let me know !