On the weekends, we love to do a “big breakfast” and one of our favorites is french toast dippers! Dad and Mom need to help with this recipe, but we try to help them by cleaning the fruit, getting out the syrup, and getting our dishes ready. This is a super simple recipe that we love!
- 8 slices Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 4 Eggs beaten
- ¼ cup of milk
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp vanilla
- Cinnamon and sugar mixed together (we keep this on hand premixed. ½ cup sugar with ½ Tsp cinnamon)
- Fresh Fruit
- Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Dip the bread slices one at a time into the egg mixture coating both sides and place on a heated griddle.
- Sprinkle both sides with cinnamon and sugar as you grill the french toast.
- Cook each side 2-3 minutes until done and have your parent slice each piece with kitchen scissors.
- Fill a small container with syrup to dip.
Something that we can all cheer about is french toast and fruit! We incorporate fruit into our daily routines, which is not too hard since we LOVE fresh fruit and vegetables. Not every day has to begin with a big breakfast, but sometimes on the weekends…
We enjoy helping in the kitchen to make a special meal that everyone can enjoy!
**Be Sure to Grab your parent before attempting to make french toast dippers!!**
This is not a recipe designed for children to make without an adult. Children are encouraged to help gather ingredients and supplies without being near the stove during cooking times.
Be sure to give us your feedback on our french toast dippers! We want to know how you served yours!!