This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
It is Race Day season and that means afternoons spent watching the cars take the checkered flag and snacking on great food. It also means loud screaming, little girls pretending to be race car drivers running around the room and, quite possibly, a headache for mom. It is all worth it though and I would not take the fun of learning all about another sport for myself and my girls away for anything! Now, car racing is new to us, only discovered after learning girls CAN race cars too! And well, I might add! But essentials are needed to make sure the race goes well and that everyone is happy! First, my Spicy Fish Stick recipe that is so easy even I can do it. Second, I need to have my fast acting Advil Film-Coated on hand as well. Any of you that follow me on Facebook and Instagram know that I recently had a lot of dental work done. I discovered Advil Film-Coated’s Rapid Release Formula during that time. It helped relieve the tooth pain in minutes and had since become my go to pain reliever for everything from headaches to muscle aches from CrossFit. So to have it on hand to watch the races and to help get rid of my headache that is sure to compliment in in a matter of minutes, I picked up another jar at Walmart.
Get a coupon to SAVE on Advil Film-Coated pain relievers
If you are like me and just learning about stars like Ty Dillon and car racing, you are probably as enchanted as I am. The sounds, the anticipation, the excitement easily translates from the TV to my living room. I love the sport of it all, the knowledge that if I turn away I may miss a corner cut or a car or two skidding up the sidewall. We are learning so much about the drivers, like Ty Dillon who will be driving the Duck Commander 500 on April 9th! He will be in that Nexuim car on April 9th but later in the season will be in the Advil car! You have to cheer him on! He is so fun to watch!
One aspect of any race day that must be on hand is food with a kick! I have not made my fish stick recipe in a while so I dug it out to make for the next race. I want to spice them up, though, to give them the same kick and excitement racing has! So by adding a few ingredients to the batter, I can make these fish sticks pop in our mouths! Now, I can buy fish sticks at the store but making them is easy and you can make them gluten free and a little healthier by doing them at home as well.
- ¾ c panko breadcrumbs, I used garlic and herb for more flavor
- 3 tsp Salt Free, Tony Chachare's Seasoning
- ⅛ tspn grill seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour
- 2 5 oz cod (or flounder) fillets (I use the frozen in my fridge)
- condiments for serving
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl mix the panko, Tony Chachere’s, grill seasoning and flour. Set aside. In another small dish place the beaten egg. Now, slice the somewhat thawed fish fillets into sticks. Dunk each stick into the egg then into the breading. Place fish sticks into your prepared dish and lightly mist with oil (I used my coconut spray oil)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until crispy. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice
A few tips on this recipe:
- Don’t thaw the fish completely or put it in the freezer for 10 minutes first. This helps you cut through it easier. You can dry the sticks with a paper towel before dunking if they are too liquidy as they thaw.
- Make sure your breading is mixed well to get an even flavor. Coat the stick well to make it really crunch!
- Serve with tarter sauce, ranch dressing or ketchup to make them pop!
That’s it! You have a delicious race day snack that will give a kick of flavor to compliment the excitement of the race!
Along with your snacks, don’t forget your Advil Film Coated caplets! This Advil is formulated with a unique Advil Ion Core Technology and an ultra thin shell to absorb quickly – in fact nothing is proven to work faster*. I have used it, so far, to help relieve the pain of headaches, muscle aches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, back pain, and aches and pains associated with the common cold. Pick it up at Walmart along with your Easy Spicy Fish Sticks ingredients and enjoy race day with a smile!
*Among OTC pain relievers.