The holidays are upon us and my taste buds can’t wait! In fact, this year, I am planning on allowing my taste buds to savor whatever they want. Like these Easy Pumpkin Muffins. Which my children are devouring. Which means they are really, really good!
Every holiday season tells a story in my house. This year, with the kids here for Christmas week, the story will be much richer. I love to take the week off – at least as much as I can – pull out all of my baking trays and cake pans and create with the kids. We over make absolutely everything and can’t possibly eat it all. So we package it up and take it to the neighbors houses, which just adds another element of happy to the season!
This year, these Easy Pumpkin Muffins are in the list of MUST MAKE! Not only are they super easy to make – mix dry with wet ingredients and bake – but the unmistakable flavor of the holidays is infused into every bite. They would not taste as good, though, without high quality all purpose flour.
Another must have staple in this house are hoagie buns. While they are not incorporated in the Pumpkin Muffins recipe, they are awesome for quick sandwiches during the holiday season. You can also bake them and then top with them butter, cinnamon and honey for a crunchy sweet treat any time you want!
Now that you are salivating, lets talk this Easy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe!
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher (coarse) salt
- 1¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⅛ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- ½ cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, mix flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger; make well in center of mixture. In medium bowl, stir sugar, oil, water and eggs with whisk. Stir in pumpkin; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Serve warm or cool.
Many holiday stories start around the dinner table. Having great treats and delicious foods to enjoy together just makes the holiday meals that much more special.
I promise you will love these Easy Pumpkin Muffins!
What staples are you stocking up on for your favorite holiday treats?