This is a sponsored blog post; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by Bays English Muffins to review this product.
I absolutely love breakfast. I do. It is my favorite meal to cook, my favorite one to eat and my favorite one to have any time of day. Unfortunately, I do not always have the time to make the breakfast we love in the morning. Early morning soccer games, travel and other reasons stop me. So, breakfast for dinner around here is a big deal! The children get excited, I get excited and the whole thing comes together easily. As long as I have the staples on hand, like Bays English Muffins, I can make a delicious and easy Lemon Berry French Toast Casserole anytime of the day!
Like me, Bays English Muffins, which is in the refrigerated dairy case next to the eggs and milk, also believes that typical ‘breakfast’ foods are perfect any time of the day. A staple like English muffins can even be used in appetizer recipes, dinner recipes (think yummy mini-pizza’s) and even in desserts! I love to use this flavorful and sturdy base for French Toast Casseroles because they hold up really well, don’t get soggy and absorb the flavors well!
With Bays English Muffins on board, I can elevate the flavor of this Easy Lemon Berry French Toast Casserole just by using them instead of regular bread. I can also used this ‘chilled for freshness’ product to make our ‘breakfast for dinner’ meal the best yet!
Check out the ease of this recipe and get it ready for DINNER tonight!
- 6 BAYS English Muffins, halved and split
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup raspberries
- ⅓ cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Lemon curd
- Spray the inside of a 12-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange muffin quarters snugly in dish in a shingle pattern, placing the cut edge down and curved edge up, and set aside.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and salt in a blender. Blend until thoroughly combined, and pour over muffins in dish
- Lightly press down on muffins with a spoon to help saturate with liquid. Let soak, refrigerated, at least 1 hour.
- While muffins soak, prepare berry syrup by combining maple syrup and berries in a small saucepan over low heat. Stirring occasionally, heat until the whole berries soften and mixture thickens slightly.
- When ready to finish the French toast, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake for 25 minutes, brushing with melted butter during last 5 minutes of baking.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that it offers the warmth and comfort that French Toast gives us combined with the fresh burst of berry that we love. It is a wonderful dish that all starts with a solid base of Bays English Muffins.
When you make your meal plan for the week, don’t forget that Bays English Muffins are not just for breakfast anymore! Bays Original, Sourdough, Multi-Grain and Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins give you a lot of options. Go to bays.com to find out what stores near you carry Bays as well as great Bays recipe ideas.
Also, make sure to “Like” Bays on Facebook for great recipes, fun English muffin ideas, and so much more!
When was the last time you had English Muffins for something other than breakfast? What recipe did you make?