**This Easiest Meatball Sub Recipe Ever is brought to you by Cucina Antica. All opinions are my own.** #CucinaRecipe AD
Cucina Antica Cooking Sauses are now Whole30 Approved. To celebrate, get $5 OFF on Amazon through June 30, 2018 with code 5CUCINA on Cucina Antica 3 packs and 6 packs excluding Garlic Marinara 3 pack.
I am all about fast and delicious when it comes to recipes. I am also trying to learn as much about the products I have in the house as possible. While the recipe I am showing you is not Whole30 – because of the bread – it can easily convert to Whole30. Now that I know that Cucina Antica Cooking Sauces are approved for Whole30, I will be converting this recipe as well! In the meantime, however, it is SUMMERTIME and time for family gatherings and BBQ’s! My Easiest Meatball Sub Recipe Ever is only made better by adding this unique and flavorful sauce!
I stumbled upon this recipe like I do most of them. Because I did not have all of the traditional ingredients in the house for meatballs. I had the ground beef, the egg and the salt and pepper, but I had no breadcrumbs to bind them together. So, I opened the fridge and thought hard. Grabbing the Parmesan cheese, I crossed my fingers.
Turns out, this is now my favorite way to make meatballs. I have not used breadcrumbs in them for years now.
The only thing that was really missing was a great sauce that I could add to turn these into a great meatball sub. This is where Cucina Antica Puttanesca cooking sauce came into play. The rich, flavorful sauce is perfect for everything from pasta to meatball subs!
Here is how I made it:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb lean ground sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp ground garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Jar Cucina Antica Puttanesca Cooking Sauce
- hoagie rolls
- In a bowl mix together all of the ingredients. Roll mixture into balls and bake at 350 for about 25- 30 minutes, keeping an eye on them. Once done, transfer to a skillet and top with Cucina Antica Puttanesca Cooking Sauce. Let cook until reduced a little, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat hoagie rolls to warm in oven. Slice open and stuff in meatballs. Top with sauce and more Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
These are so incredibly easy! You will love these so much you can eat them plain, which would make them Whole30 as well!
What recipes do you love that could use a kick up in flavor?